OUR COMREHENSIVE OFFICE CLEANING CHECK LIST
When you pay for an office cleaning service, you want to get what you pay for. We will often supply a checklist of services so you can choose how much or how little they do. With Our office cleaning services in Melbourne, below are some general cleaning tasks we perform.We’ve been in the office cleaning business a long time and know that our competitors don’t even come close to providing the service and value that we do. If you don’t have a checklist provided by your company, you can use ours to find out how thorough your current cleaning company is.
Reception area is the first impression of your customers. Everyone wish it to always be bright, clean and inviting. A well organized and clean office helps to make employees more productive. A clean and sanitized washroom is a must in any working environment to ensure safety and reduce the risk of spreading germs. Same thing goes for a kitchen or break room where employees eat. It is imperative that this space be clean and sanitary even if no food preparation is done there.
Reception , Office & Kitchen area cleaning check list
- Spot Clean glass entry doors inside & out
- Remove cobwebs from front entry & internal glass
- All rubbish, bins are to be emptied and wipe bins to clean condition as required and replace liners.(liners supplied by client)
- Thoroughly clean accessible areas of reception desks to clean condition (staff to ensure desk is clear of paperwork etc)
- Thoroughly clean waiting area table to clean condition removing all stains and ensuring chairs are placed neatly around table.
- Thoroughly vacuum all color surfaces including ensuring all accessible edges, corners and behind furnishings are clean
- Thoroughly mop all floor surfaces including ensuring all accessible edges, corners and behind furnishings clean.
- Thoroughly dust all surfaces including computers, window sills, ledges, skirting board, furnishings and wall décor etc
- Spot clean walls, doors, door handles, door frames, light switches and surrounds removing any marks.
- Spot vacuum soft furnishings to clean condition
- Remove cobwebs as required below 3mt.
- All rubbish, bins are to be emptied and wipe bins to clean condition as required and replace liners.(liners supplied by client)
- Thoroughly dust all surfaces including keyboards, Computer screens,TV,window sills, ledges, skirting board, furnishings and wall décor etc
- Thoroughly vacuum all floor surfaces including ensuring all accessible edges, corners and behind furnishings are clean
- Thoroughly clean accessible areas of desks to clean condition (staff to ensure desk is clear of paperwork etc)
- Remove internal cobwebs
- All rubbish, bins are to be emptied and wipe bins to clean condition as required and replace liners.(liners supplied by client)
- Clean sinks, draining boards,splashbacks,taps,drains,fixtures and fittings
- Spot clean fronts and sides of cupboards ,fridges and appliances
- Spot clean walls,doors,door frames, light switches and surrounds removing any marks
- Dust sills, ledges, and skirting boards to clean condition.
- Thoroughly vacuum all floors surfaces including ensuring all accessible edges, corners and behind furnishings are clean
- Thoroughly disinfect and mop floors including edges, corners, and under furniture.
- Remove internal cobwebs
Wash room cleaning check list
- Clean and disinfect inside and outside of toilet pan.
- Clean and disinfect both sides of toilet seat and lid.
- Clean and disinfect inside and outside of fittings and pipes.
- Clean and disinfect door handles, mirrors and dispensers.
- Clean and disinfect dispensers, hand dryers etc to clean condition.
- Spot clean walls and doors to clean condition including edges, corners and under furniture.
- Thoroughly vacuum floors to clean condition including edges, corners, under furniture.
- Refill toilet paper , hand towels, and soap dispensers. (Consumable to supplied by client).
- Remove internal cobwebs.
- Dust tops of mirrors, doors, skirting boards and frame works.
We realize the importance of a clean floor in your office. We try to use our equipment in the best possible way to clean up every bit of your office floor. Our services include:
- Cleaning of all carpets in the office with the vacuum cleaner.
- Mopping of all non-carpeted office floors.
COMMERCIAL OFFICE CLEANING SERVICES - FAQ
- DO YOU CARRY OUT REGULAR TRAINING WITH YOUR STAFF?-:Staff training is an important part of our company. From day one of a contract the cleaning team are taken through our specialised training programme. Training include on all products, time management at work, equipment handling and any specific site requirements. After 6-8 months all staff members must take part in our retraining programme to ensure standards are being continued. All Health and Safety issues and key company policies are covered in their initial training and induction
- WHAT IS A DEEP CLEAN?-:Office deep cleaning is a detailed clean that will touch upon areas that are not usually included in an everyday clean. Usually a deep clean normally include moving furniture and emptying cupboards, window cleaning, carpet and upholstery cleaning and tackling the ‘hard to reach areas’ where dirt can easily gather if not included within the daily clean.As deep cleans are completely bespoke to the office and the requirements of the clients it can vary how long an office deep clean can take from client to client.
- DO YOU SUPPLY EVERYTHING?-:Yes. Generally, we supply all the labour, machinery ,equipment and materials required to carry out all our commercial cleaning tasks within the agreed price. Additionally, we are happy to supply consumables such as toilet rolls, hand towels, refuse sacks, bin liners etc., which would be invoiced at the end of each calendar month.
- HOW OFTEN DO YOU CLEAN A SITE?-:Our commercial office cleaning service is customised according to our customer requirements. We have a very broad mix of clients and for some, we will only attend once or twice per week. For bigger sites, we will have as much as required cleaners on site at least five days per week. We build our service around what you need.
- WHAT TASKS THE CLEANERS PERFORM?-:All general cleaning tasks like, dusting, hoovering, skirting boards, kitchen, washroom and reception areas. We are very flexible and take a note of all your needs when we do the initial site visit. If at any time you need a specific task call our dedicated customer service team on 03 9727 3793.
- DO YOU HAVE A MINIMUM CLEANING TIME?-:Yes, our minimum cleaning time is 2 hours. Our cleaners will do their best to keep your premises clean.
- DOES SOMEONE NEED TO BE AT THE BUSINESS FOR YOU TO CLEAN?-:We can do the office cleaning during whatever time you prefer.
- Do I have to sign a long-term contract with Clean Corners?-: Yes. This is a regular service offered to all our clients, large or small. This enables us to carry out our cleaning service outside normal working hours, thus minimising disruption to your staff.
- WHAT IS THE COST FOR YOUR CLEANING SERVICES?-:We believe our prices are very competitive, but do not publish a fixed hourly rate. All jobs are priced according to the service required, whether it be a commercial service, a builders clean or a one-off deep clean. A number of measurements will impact the final calculation of the rate such as equipment and materials.
- EASY TO UPKEEP STANDARDS AND ECO FRIENDLINESS-:It may not be possible for your in-house cleaning staff to adhere to strict cleaning standards. if required for an inspection or certification. Further, the right knowledge of cleaning materials (chemicals, detergents, equipment) and garbage disposal is also important. A good cleaning company today will follow eco-friendly green cleaning practices. E.g Avoiding harsh chemicals like bleaches, replacing chemical air freshener with natural ones, using indoor air cleaning plants. A cleaning specialist will always do it better than average housekeeping staff.
- DO YOU CHARGE FOR AN ESTIMATE?-:No, we do not charge for estimates, we offer obligation free quotes. If you are interested in cleaning services for your office, fitness centre, medical centre, church, day care centre, kindergarten cleaning and carpet steam cleaning etc please call us to set up an appointment. One of our cleaning supervisors will come to your premises to do a free assessment. As part of your estimate, we will customize a cleaning plan and checklist of services that would fir your specific needs. You will hear back from us with your estimate within 24 hours of the assessment.
- CAN I GET AN ESTIMATE OVER THE PHONE?-:Unfortunately, we cannot provide quotes over the phone, so this is not an option. We are available to schedule quotes for any time and date.
- DO I HAVE TO SIGN A LONG TERM CONTRACT?-:No, you are not required to sign anything. We work off of a written proposal detailing your chosen cleaning services and their cost. This way, you can alter your cleaning service needs at any time with just a phone call.
DO YOU HAVE AN INSUARENCE?-: Yes, we have General Liability, comprehensive insurance cover which, amongst other things, covers Public Liability for $10,000. Our company maintain insurance to protect you from damaged property or any worker injuries that may happen while our staff cleans your business.
- ARE ALL YOUR STAFF VETTED-:Yes. As part of our rigorous employment procedure, following interview, we obtain a previous employer’s reference and required proof of address and entitlement to work in the AUS. We also require a copy of their passport and driving licence for our records. Where required, staff will also be police checked, to ensure additional security for our clients.
- CAN WE CONTACT YOU OUTSIDE OF WORKING HOURS?-:Our standard office hours of operation are between 8am - 6pm , Monday to Friday. We know that sometimes there may be cleaning emergencies in which you may need to call us out of hours and out of your cleaning contracted hours. If this problem arises - please get in touch with one of our helpful customer service teams and we can resolve the problem as soon as possible for you.
- DO YOU GUARANTEE YOUR WORK?-:Yes, we do! If you are unhappy with a cleaning visit, we will send a supervisor to resolve any issues right away for extra no cost. If you invest in quality office cleaning from us, we promise you nothing less than quality work.
SIGNS SHOULD HIRE A PROFESSIONAL CLEANING COMPANY FOR YOUR OFFICE?
Below we discuss some of the signs your office or workspace needs to hire someone to come in and professionally clean the space. Commercial office cleaners are trained to deal with commercial spaces. Right from the use of cleaning products to implementing the right procedures, office cleaners are well-proficient with every aspect.
- VISIBLE DIRT-: When you wipe on top of your laptop or table , if you find dust or have seen the same bits of trash on the floor for a few days, it’s probably time to do something about it. If you can see the general dirtiness of the office, so can see your employees, clients that come to visit, and potential business partners. Because of this your customers will get a wrong impression and you will lose businesses.
- CONTINOUSLY LOST PRODUCTION GOALS-: If your office is not organised it negatively impacts your productivity as we as your workplace. It will increase workplace hazards, employees sick etc. Research has proved productivity is linked to a clean working environment.
- EMPOLYEES GETTING SICK-:Employee absence is high and if employees keep getting sick repeatedly, then you may need to explore the work environment. When surfaces aren’t sanitized, equipment not used regularly or carpets not regularly cleaned, it can foster illness.So it’s time to consider hiring a different professional cleaning service to move towards keeping your employees healthy, happy and productive.
- EMPOLYEE LOST MORALE-:When you expect your staff to clean the work environment, morale can decrease.
Keeping your employees happy should be a top priority, and the truth is that your they will probably be a lot happier when you hire professional cleaners. They’ll no longer have to care about the cleaning tasks that some of them may begrudgingly do, and they’ll express gratitude you for it. Working in a thoroughly clean setting can be a big support, and a de-cluttered workplace can make them more productive. A clean and uncluttered workspace can have a surprisingly good impact on employee morale and their mental wellbeing when working.
- DULL TILE FLOORING -:Dull tile flooring is a major indicator that you need professional office cleaning. Although a worn floor can be simple wear and tear, dull tiling is never an appealing look to your visitors or workers. Fortunately, you can hire a commercial floor cleaning service to polish up your tile floor, to make it look and smell brand-new.
- DUST AND DEBRIS AND BUILDUP-:A buildup of dust and debris on desks and other office furniture is a huge wake-up call that you need to hire a commercial cleaning service. The last thing you or your employees want to see at work are dust piles on the floor and filing cabinet. In fact, it might even avoid your workers from wanting to show up to the office. If you can’t clean on your own time, you should contact a local professional cleaning to clean your commercial space routinely.
- UNEVEN FLOOR SURFACES-:When you neglect floor caring your flooring tiles lead to degrade. This can cause an uneven surface of sinking and rising tiles that can only ensure injuries in the workplace. Fortunately, maintaining your commercial flooring doesn’t have to take a lot of time and effort. However, if you’re already to the point of an uneven surface, you’re best off hiring a contractor to retile your floor and hire a professional cleaning service to ensure your office stays clean. Remember, it’s not just about making your commercial space look good; it’s also about maintaining a clean and safe workplace for your staff.
- EMPLOYEES HAVE ALLERGIES-: Carpets are traps for pollen, dust, and other particles that float in the air and cause runny noses, itchy throats, and watery eyes. If employees start to complain about any of the normal symptoms associated with allergies, it is a good idea to have your carpets cleaned to rid them of contaminates that could potentially be irritating your employees.
Four Telling Signs That Your office cleaning company has stopped caring!!!!
QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN YOU ARE CHOOSING YOUR OFFICE CLEANING COMPANY?
When you choose best cleaning company hired for your business, the work just gets done. You don’t have to follow up to guarantee everything is cleaned properly, you don’t have to fear about cleaners not turning up, and you don’t have to deal with cleaners getting in the way of your business.
How do you find an office cleaning company and a cleaning contract like this, however, Here are some questions you should ask a potential cleaning company to ensure you get the best.
What are Your Rates? -:
First get a quote from an office cleaning company. Usually you will receive a cleaning check list along with the quote. In the office cleaning check list they will mention what are the services you are receiving. If you have any tasks that are not required, you can request a discount from the office cleaning company.
Are Your office cleaning company Insured? -:
In the occasion something is lost or stolen, you need to make sure your financially covered. However, the most realistic incident is the cleaners may cause damage to your business or property. Hiring uninsured commercial office cleaning services may save you some cash, but if the worst case scenario happens, you’ll be losing much more. Make sure to confirm this coverage with any insurance company they claim to work with.
Learn more about why insuarence important for a business?
Do You Perform Background Checks?-:
We can never be 100% sure what people will do. Therefore it’s important you to know that the cleaner you’ve hired has no criminal history and the office cleaners are having a current police check . A Police Check provides information on the cleaner’s previous criminal history. This ensures that they are professional and committed to their service. The police check clearance certificate is an investment. Cleaners that are unwilling to buy a police check are unlikely to stay around for long
Pros and Cons To Client Supply Vs Cleaning Service
- 1.Client can pick scents, brands, and product type.
- 2.Client should be offered a cheaper labour rate from cleaning provider.
- 3.Client should be offered a cheaper labour rate from cleaning provider.
- 1.A cleaner will always buy quality cleaning products in bulk and therefore buy at a more competitive price. But the client wont be able to get it at a cheaper price compared to the cleaning company.
2.You may not be covered by the cleaning services insurance if staining, damage, discolouring, or scratching etc., occur because of a product/ piece of equipment you have supplied has not been tested or approved by the cleaning company.
3.The cleaning business would not have tested your products for streaking,
clouding or any other sub-standard finish.
- How much experience do they have with commercial cleaning?-:Domestic and commercial cleaning is two different things, so it’s important to check if the cleaner has experience with commercial cleaning. Get more understanding about how long they have been in commercial office cleaning.
- Do they have experience in office cleaning companies similar to yours?-:Find out also if they have experience working for companies similar to yours. This could be companies in the same industry, of the same size, or who have premises like yours. It is good if the cleaning company does have this experience.
- Do they have a website?-:A website is important as it adds credibility. A commercial cleaning company with a professional website is likely to be more genuine and trustworthy than one that doesn’t.
- What happens if you have concerns?-:There are some situations where it is not appropriate to speak to the cleaners who are regularly in your business. You need to know who you can talk to further up the management chain and how your query will be dealt with.
Will it be the same people in your business all the time?-:
Most businesses prefer to see the same people all the time as it helps to build trust and consistency. You should also find out what happens if regular cleaners are off sick or on holiday.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HIRING COMMERCIAL OFFICE CLEANING COMPANY?
Our Commercial office cleaning services include a wide range of cleaning services in offices, corporate settings, medical centres , fitness centres, childcare centre and more. Through the professional cleaning service you get a perfect clean workplace that appeals to the visitors, staff as well as the clients. Every office has hard to clean areas, this is what the professional cleaning services provide.
The most successful businesses in the world hire commercial office cleaners to keep the workplace clean. Commercial cleaning services offer a plethora of benefits for both business owners and employees. If you’ve been delaying hiring a commercial office cleaning service, read through the following benefits. You’ll soon understand that the cost of commercial cleaners pays for itself in no time.
- INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY AND REDUCE ABSENTEEISM AT WORK PLACE-:One of the top reasons employees miss work is sick days. If your offices are not being cleaned properly, there is a greater chance of spreading germs around from one person to another. By employing a professional office cleaning company that can thoroughly and routinely clean and disinfect your office the productivity of the workplace is enhanced to the fullest. Just call us and get a quote. Your staff will love the new clean office and you’ll increase productivity and employees morale booster at the same time.
- COMMERCIAL OFFICE CLEANING SERVICES FREES UP YOUR TIME-:Managing employee is not easy. Hiring, firing, training and the administrative work is also time-consuming. Rather than keeping a cleaning staff on payroll, outsourcing commercial office cleaning services for businesses makes much more sense. You just have to hire the company and pay for the cleanliness, no cleaning materials or stocks to buy, or employees to manage. When you hand over the cleaning to a commercial office cleaning company you may not need supervising office cleaning directly. You can use your valuable time on other tasks that are more valuable to the company
- COST-EFFECTIVE-:When you have an in-house cleaning staff, you have to keep budget for employee training , purchase of cleaning equipment/supplies and overhead etc. These costs can be significant; however, if you choose to outsource your commercial office cleaning services, they will be covered by your cleaning company.
- FLEXIBLE AND SCALABLE ON DEMAND SERVICE-:You can schedule or re-schedule your cleaning job as per your suitability or any upcoming event/activity at your office. You can set up daily, weekly or monthly cleaning contracts to ensure adequate cleaning and to keep operations costs within your control.
You can set frequencies for different cleaning activities like one trolley bay lot cleaning session a month, two window cleaning sessions a month and daily washroom cleaning contracts. Scaling up the cleaning activity is as easy as making a phone call. If you need spot cleaning or if you need to fulfill some cleanliness standard within a short period, it can be handled effectively.
- PROVIDE YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH A WELCOMING PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT-:The cleanliness of your office space says a lot about your business. A bad first impression can hurt your business. Commercial office cleaning services confirm your workspace is consistently clean. Usually they are available for emergency cleaning jobs as well. There are many advantages of hiring a professional office cleaning company.
QUICK OFFICE CLEANING TIPS TO IMPROVE PRODUCTIVITY
It’s a known fact that tidy offices increase the efficiency. Not to mention, keeping your office clean of germs will boost less employees absenteeism. Arranging an office a deep clean will help boost your productivity and give your office the look it needs to attract the best clients. If you are thinking to clean your office yourself, these are the top things you can do to keep your office clean in order to guarantee and increase productivity
Keep tables dust free daily-:Dust brings many allergies. Due to that a lot of employees get sick. As well as, working in a dirty space drops staff morale. Dusting your office area and tables etc every night is very important. It’s also important to move all the supplies off a desk and wipe the desks once a week.
- Daily clean your phones-:Phones are a place with lot of germs. If your employees keep getting sick continuously, it becomes a bigger problem. Cleaning your phones daily with an anti-bacterial wipe is the number one way to ensure phones are germ free and your employees are healthy enough to produce.
- Get rid of that smell-:
When you don’t clean floors and carpets properly, they do absorb bad smells. It’s proven that certain smells, such as orange, increase energy and productivity. Working In an atmosphere that doesn’t smell well is a factor that declines worker morale. Vacuum your carpets daily or you can call a commercial office cleaning service who may be better equipped to handle carpet steam cleaning.
- Sweep the hard floors-:Working in an office that is messy or not clean does not help to increase productivity. On the contrary, it decreases productivity. It is also something that may lose your customers. Sweeping hard floors every end of the day is imperative to having a clean and put-together office. First appearances are very important and if a customer sees a dirty floor, they may not trust your product or service
- Empty the trash.-:Emptying the trash daily is very important when it comes to maintaining the productivity in an office. An employee working in an area that smells like a garbage bin won’t be as focused and productive as one working in an office with fresh air
As a commercial business owner having to do all this extra work is very time consuming, and cuts into your own productivity. Companies like CompaQ Cleaning and property solutions , who have been in business for over 10+ years are specialized in providing all the commercial cleaning services any industry may need. Oftentimes investing in your company by hiring a professional cleaning service is the best thing you could do to improve productivity in your office.
REASONS WHY COMMERCIAL OFFICE CLEANING CLIENTS SWITCHING CLEANING COMPANIES IN MELBOURNE
Cleaning offices doesn’t just mean taking out the rubbish. It needs to go above and beyond surface level cleaning. Businesses should have hired, professional office cleaning companies in Melbourne that will come in after closing and sanitize, vacuum, clean areas requested and take out the trash. Since there are thousands of “professional” cleaning companies on the market today, hiring a legitimate company doesn’t seem like a task that would require a lot of effort. However, there are differences between a “professional” service and a good, high-quality, professional office cleaning company. Many companies find this out the hard way and end up switching cleaning companies due to one, or more, of the following reasons.
- Lack of Communication-:If your cleaning company isn’t responsive, it’s not a good sign. Regardless the type of business, communication is important to conducting business. While everyone expects things will go smoothly, you need to be reassured that if cleaners missed something, you could talk to your commercial cleaning company and make sure to get things taken care of. You shouldn’t have to interfere. It’s no surprise that commercial cleaning clients are quick to abandon cleaning companies that are lack of communication.
- Workforce Issues-:A good, trustworthy commercial cleaning company should be able to manage and control their cleaners without any issues. Unfortunately, if you work with low-quality cleaning companies, sometimes their problems can become your problems. If your cleaning company is taking shortcuts, you’ll likely walk into your corporate office only to find that the cleaning job is sub-par and you’re not ready to host clients meeting for the day. This has the potential to then affect your business, which is far from ideal. You shouldn't be losing business because of a cleaning company’s workforce. You need find a company that has low turnover, adequate training, and delivers consistent, high-quality results. You should also prioritize companies that require background tests, screening, and ensure that they’re subcontracting legally.
- Repeating mistakes-:Human error is a part of life. If you make a mistake, the most important thing is to learn from it. However, one main reason that commercial office cleaning clients switch to a new cleaning company is because the cleaners are repeating the mistakes. If you continuously find inadequate cleaning services, neglected areas, or damaged equipment, it will be frustrating. Instead, we recommend finding a cleaning company that is committed to quality control. When there is a higher level of quality control, work will be checked, then double-checked, to ensure that no mistakes are made and no areas go un-cleaned.
- Using outdated equipment-:When we use latest technology cleaning equipment it makes a significant difference in standard of the cleaning. The cleaning industry has come a long way in the past few years. Equipment is more efficient, products are better at tackling germs. There are more environmentally friendly ways to get the job done with the same high-quality results. However, high-quality, efficient equipment usually comes with a higher price tag. When companies continue to use outdated equipment, it means that they’re probably cutting corners in other ways and over-charging you for their services. Don’t waste your money by investing in a company that doesn’t invest in itself.
- Security lapses-:Security is paramount and depending on the type of company, security lapses can be a severe and dangerous problem. Do your employees often leave alarms off, doors unlocked or not properly locked? One of the major concerns for the customers when dealing with cleaning agents is the security of their sites. As such, clients will work only with companies they can trust. This trust includes being responsible for security measures. A high employee turnover is also a security risk for the client. It is usually difficult to recover when trust is breached, especially when dealing with security issues. CompaQ Cleaning Services, keeps a close eyes on all employees and ensures they all follow proper security protocols to ensure the safety of our clients facility, equipment, and inventory.
- Inadequate Training -:You might not think that cleaning an office requires much training, but you’re incorrect. There are best practices that work and effective cleaning techniques do require training. If you hire a company that provides improper or inadequate training, you’ll notice. You want a company that provides ongoing training and uses smart and effective cleaning strategies.
- -:The commercial cleaning services goes beyond cleaning the facilities. Always office cleaners should have right knowledge and skills to get the cleaning job done well. If cleaners went through proper training and hiring of the right people, definitely they will do a high quality job. Having unprofessional workforce is the main reason most of the other problems on this. Resulting in termination of contracts. CompaQ Cleaning Services provides employees with monthly, weekly and daily training and motivation, to ensure work is getting done with efficiency, excellence, and professionalism.
- No quality control-:Finally, cleaning companies should have a procedure for quality control in place to make sure that the employees are doing their job well, every single time. Management or leadership that double checks employee work is one way for quality control. You should opt for a cleaning company that consistently audits their own cleaning procedures through fluorescent marking spray, high tough point tracking, and weekly monitoring and review.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOUR OFFICE BE CLEANED?
Offices may not seem like the type of place that can easily get dirty and messy, but with lots of people working there and lots of activity, things can get unkept and quickly. This is the reason many people turn to the services of a professional commercial office cleaning company.
The decision to hire one is usually relatively simple, you know when you need one, however, what you may not be quite so sure of is how often you should arrange for your office to be cleaned. First of all, the frequency of your cleaning depends very much on the level and type of cleaning involved and the size and profile of your business.
Type of Cleaning Required-:
What type of commercial office cleaning services are you looking to hire? Daily cleaning tasks like vacuuming, dusting, cleaning washrooms and other similar tasks may need to be performed on a regular basis. Furthermore services, such as window cleaning, may be scheduled every quarterly, while carpets need to be professionally shampooed at least twice a year. Hard floors also need to be deep cleaned once a year, while tile floors need a thorough clean up every six months. The types of cleaning services you are looking for will determine how often your cleanings should be scheduled.
- o Size and Type of Business -:The bigger and busier your company is, the more cleaning it requires as it gets more traffic and more customers at the office. Depending on your industry, you may be required to perform certain office cleaning services on a daily basis. For example, hospitals, restaurants and daycares will require thorough daily cleanings. However, businesses like advertising agencies, car dealerships or real estate agencies might require only a weekly deep clean with an additional light cleaning once or twice per week. The size of your business also matters. If you own a big box store, it may take your cleaners an entire week to perform all cleaning tasks required. This is called a zone cleaning program, and it will assure that all parts of your facility have been cleaned by the end of the week.
Of course, here at CompaQ cleaning and property solutions, we know exactly what needs doing and how often for office cleaning, keeping your workplace spotless and looking its best at all times. So, if you would like to stop the weekly argument amongst the staff about whose turn it is to clean the loo, give CompaQ cleaning us a call or email us and we will be happy to help.
HOW MUCH TO PAY FOR OFFICE CLEANING?
Most of the companies cannot do business without an office space. To keep this place clean you need to hire a commercial office cleaning company. Usually the office cleaning cost depends on the size of the office, how dirty the office is, services requested and how many hours it will take to clean it. Occasionally most popular commercial office cleaning companies will charge more than the standard office cleaning company but that may not be the best choice. Office cleaning price is based on below factors.
How many hours to clean the office?-:The office cleaning price will also be largely dependent on the time it would take to clean the office. If you call a professional office cleaning company to get cleaning service during office hours, the price will likely to be high compared to afterhours cleaning. During business hours, office cleaning is much harder to perform since your workers will still be around which prevents the cleaner from being as efficient when compared with if the office is empty. Also a daily clean will lead to more costs than a weekly clean, but depending on your premises and industry, you may need to clean at specified intervals.
Size of the facility-:The size of the space is one of the most obvious factors that will count towards your overall cleaning costs. The bigger the office space, the more time it will generally take to clean, use more cleaning products and more cleaning equipment, so the higher the cost will be.
How Dirty Is Your Office?-:When you request an office cleaning quote, usually the company will send someone to inspect the office and will provide a quote. If your office is low or medium in mess, the cost shouldn’t go too high. On the other hand, if the office is highly messy, then the cost will definitely go higher. The reason is that, to clean a very dirty office, cleaners have to use a lot of cleaning products and equipment which results in more time. That’s why the service cost can be higher or lower depending on some of those factors.
Quality of office cleaning service-:
Are we getting quality office cleaning? This is a common question for all companies. You will see that many office cleaning companies are very expensive; but their service is poor. They use low quality cleaning products and they are not detail oriented which will not leave a lasting impression in your office. Expensive companies are not always the best companies. So you should first check the feedback or reviews of the company before hiring one.
Bids and estimates are not products of guess work. A good company would take your cleaning needs into consideration and integrate them into the proposal to justify whatever rate they would submit. CompaQ cleaning solutions us can consolidate all these points in one proposal for your consideration. Before choosing which one to work with, make sure that all your company’s needs are covered accordingly. Should there be revisions needed, the cleaning companies should be able to make the necessary adjustments in a short amount of time.
Simple Ways to Reduce Your Cleaning Costs?
We all well understood by now the importance and benefits of commercial cleaning and maintenance activities. Any workplace, big or small requires to be clean and organized so that people who work there are safe and your workplace looks great. In all this, we have a very significant aspect that oversees the quality and level of cleaning in our workplaces, and it is the budget. All companies and workplaces might not have the same capability of hiring cleaning services. This is when, some important habits or activities can help you reduce the cost of your office or workplace cleaning. Commercial Cleaners of Melbourne can help you clean your offices and maintain them along with suggesting activities that can help you keep the cost of cleaning at minimum.
Educate employees-: there would be reduced requirement of cleaning every day if the employees maintain basic level of personal hygiene which of course will help the company reduce their expense on cleaning the offices. Maintaining the work desk and surrounding area clean, disposing waste only in the dustbins, following hygiene habits in the washrooms like maintaining them dry by use of napkins, throwing napkins only in the bins are few examples of useful employee habits that can help reduce cleaning efforts of the resources and hence cleaning expense of the company.
Reduce waste-:If your company generate more waste obviously you have to spend more money on cleaning. Because it takes time to empty bins and get rid of other rubbish. You can encourage your employees to be waste wise and you could save on your cleaning costs as well as helping the environment.
Place mats at entrance-:When you use mats at every entrance to your office will help avoid dirt becoming tracked in. Then your cleaners will take less time for vacuuming and mopping. Mats are also essential as a way to protect your carpets and reduce long-term wear and tear on your flooring.
- 4. Hire cleaners with the right equipment.-:If cleaners are using the right tools, it will make a huge difference to the cleaning time and the quality of the end result. Make sure your cleaners have all the right tools they need to get a great result in the shortest possible time. Without the right equipment and technology, your cleaners could be taking longer than they need to and you’ll be paying more
COMMERCIAL OFFICE CLEANING BLOG
COMMERCIAL OFFICE DEEP CLEANING-:
Performing daily or weekly cleaning schedules keep the work environment safe and clean. However, there are many areas outside of the scope of the daily clean where grease, grime and dirt build up. Deep office cleaning needs to be tackled by professional office cleaners. Our cleaners are fully trained to remove dirt and grime from all of those hard-to-reach places.
If you haven’t planned a deep office cleaning, it is probably time to call your commercial office cleaning company and discuss your options. Every office is different but a usual deep cleaning consist of the following:
- Start by doing a high dusting or all vents and light fixtures.
- Vacuum all blinds, drapes, windowsills, tracks, etc
- Dust all doors and clean all doorknobs.
- Dust all baseboards.
- Dust and wipe down all surfaced (as employees to remove everything from their desks).
- Move all furniture and thoroughly vacuum all carpets or scrub all floors. Make sure to clean all baseboards behind furniture that is usually not cleaned on a regular basis.
- Clean and sanitize all computer keyboards and screen.
- Clean all kitchen cabinets, appliances, refrigerator, etc.
- Clean all restroom walls, toilets, urinals, sinks.
- Do a machine scrub on restrooms floors. This will help eliminate urine smell.
- Redo the caulk around the toilets and sinks.
Other services that should be requested for a deep cleaning should be:
- Window Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- High Ceiling Dusting (Especially if you have a warehouse)
- Strip and resealing floors.
Ask your commercial office cleaning company to create a plan for you. Scheduling a deep cleaning once a year can be a good start. Deepening on how big your office is the deep cleaning can take some time. Try splitting the cleaning in sections. Stay on top of the cleaning and your office will always look presentable. Hire a cleaning company with the best plan for your needs.
Benefits of Office deep cleaning-:
Office deep cleaning has many benefits, Below are some benefits.
- Healthier Surroundings-:Office deep cleaning services go beyond the usual office cleaning. It means even your AC ducts and taps and faucets all would be taken care of. When you perform an office deep cleaning, nothing is left to the chance. Each and every nook and corner of your office completely cleaned. That means the office surroundings are much more cleaner than ever. Also chances of diseases spreading through the office surface are the bare minimum.
- A Great Clean Look-:Office deep cleaning gives you a super clean office. Office deep cleaning is the only thing which can greet your visitors with that super clean look.
- Long Term Cost effectiveness-:Regular office cleaning services may save you a few dollars. They won’t help you in the long run. If you don’t get your office furniture and upholstery cleaned on a regular basis, they will be easily subjected to wear and tear. A high-quality office deep cleaning service will guarantee that the dirtiest of upholstery and carpets become clean. No replacement required, and you save money in the long run. That’s one more plus point to go for office deep cleaning.
- Less in house / Weekly cleaning-:Regular deep cleaning contracts lead to less in-house cleaning schedule stress. The fact is that companies with annual deep cleaning contracts are often cleaner than the one that does not have any such arrangement. Having a deep cleaning schedule for your office is a sure-shot way of removing extra cleaning stress from your office
- Less employee Sick Leaves-:It’s a verified fact that offices which are regularly deep cleaned are the ones where the team is at its highest health. Deep cleaned office is a workplace that is practically free of germs and pathogens. All this results in a much healthier environment for your employees. We all know for a fact that healthy teams are more productive teams.
Green office cleaning-:
Green cleaning is about more than just recycling here and there – it’s a lifestyle choice. Green cleaning means cleaning in a way that’s not just safe for people and safe for the environment, but that’s also sustainable in the long term. One of the main misunderstandings about green cleaning is that it’s expensive, time-consuming, or difficult to achieve. This simply isn’t the case — rather, using renewable resources can actually be more cost-effective than not! When you start using as many eco-friendly cleaning products as possible is one of the best ways to combat the harm being done to the environment. Because these products are safe, biodegradable, non-toxic, and made with sustainable wrapping .Green cleaning products can help lessen both water and air pollution, and effectively fight climate change and ozone depletion.
The advantages of using natural, eco-friendly cleaning products
- Fewer chemicals-:Regular cleaning products contain harmful chemicals such as ammonia, phthalates, chlorine, nonoxynols etc. When you use these sprays and scrubs, there is often a residue left on surfaces and fumes in the air. Whilst the ingredients of regulated products have been deemed safe, there is a long-term risk involved and often a lack of transparency with labelling and what each product actually contains. Because of these harmful chemicals, it is not uncommon for people to experience such as skin irritation and allergic reactions. However, in contrast, eco-friendly green products contain a lot of natural ingredients such as lactic acid, citric acid and enzymes which are much less harsh and over-powering.
- Environmentally friendly-:One of the main advantages of natural and homemade cleaning products, such as baking soda, lemon juice and vinegar, is that they are much more environmentally friendly than standard shop-bought cleaning products.Usually, many chemicals from harsher cleaning products eventually end up in our waterways and soil, damaging our fragile eco-system and upsetting the natural balance. Eco-friendly cleaning products are much more biodegradable and have far less of an impact on the environment, a great way to keep our cottages clean and consciences clear.
- Efficiency-:Research have proved that anti-bacterial soap products are more effective than natural soaps. In fact, not only are eco-friendly products kinder to a lot of allergy sufferers and those with respiratory conditions, they also don’t kill the natural, healthy bacteria found on our skin – which chemical products do. Also another suggestion that antibacterial cleaning products can actually reassure bacterial resistance to antibiotics.
- Money saver-:The cost of products may differ depending on where you source them; you can purchase non-toxic cleaning products from most supermarkets and stores, and you can even make your own natural cleaning products too.
As well as the environmental and health benefits, there are also long-term advantages to using eco-friendly cleaning products. With natural alternatives to abrasive, chemical cleaning agents, you can avoid significant wear and tear to your property and potentially enjoy longer periods of time before having to replace surfaces and units.
Why chemical free cleaning is more popular these days?
Our office cleaners love chemical free cleaning. Because we know that chemical free cleaning can leave your office beautifully clean, with none of the nasties for you, or the environment, of cleaning with commercial cleaning products. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that chemicals requiring you to wear a mask while you are using them probably aren’t good for you. Your cleaning chemicals should be the most toxic things in your office or home. It can be the reason for a range of nasty conditions even if used properly. They also dangerous if your children and pets get access to them.
Corrosive cleaners are the most dangerous cleaning chemicals. These include oven cleaners, drain cleaners, bleach and ammonia. They will burn the skin and eyes upon contact. Combining bleach and ammonia creates the potentially fatal chloramine and chlorine gases. For people with delicate skin or eyes and respiratory conditions such as asthma, lung or heart conditions, the corrosive or irritating effects of cleaning chemicals are likely to cause acute irritation to the skin, eyes and airways. Recently one of our cleaner used bleach to clean a shower, he couldn’t get the taste of bleach out of his throat for the rest of the day, which is disturbing to even talk about it. Suffice to say.
It is very important to use cleaning chemicals as suggested in the labels. Sometimes even you used as labelled , exposure to cleaning chemicals can cause chronic conditions such as cancer, respiratory disorders, hormonal disorders and reproductive difficulties. As your reproductive and hormonal systems are the most vulnerable in your body, they’re the most affected by chemicals, which can ultimately cause infertility. Children, especially, in the womb and as infants, are more vulnerable to environmental toxins than adults. Spraying chemicals contributes to indoor air pollution and negatively affect the health of your family. There is also the risk of accidental poisoning by ingesting cleaning chemicals. The massive of poisonings happen in the home, from the ingestion of poisonous chemicals. Why we use dangerous chemicals in your place when you can get your place sparkling clean with chemical free cleaning.
Chemicals that should never mix together
When you're faced with a tough cleaning job, it's easy to get frustrated — and tempting to get creative with how you fight it. But before you reach for every cleaning product under your sink and start playing chemist, take caution. But here's the terrifying truth: "Certain products, which are safe when used alone, can sometimes cause unsafe fumes or other chemical reactions when mixed with other products. And even if your ad-hoc cleaner combo isn't dangerous or toxic, you can never be sure what effect two products can have on a surface or fabric when combined.
Bleach and ammonia are two common household cleaners that should never be mixed. They react together to form toxic chloramine vapors and may lead to the production of poisonous hydrazine. Chloramine burns your eyes and respiratory system . It can lead organ damage. If there is enough ammonia in the mixture, hydrazine may be produced. Hydrazine is not only toxic but also potentially explosive. The best-case scenario is discomfort; the worst-case scenario is death.
Mixing bleach and vinegar is a bad idea. When you mix these two substances, toxic chlorine gas is created. Most people mix bleach and vinegar knowing it's dangerous, but either underestimate the risk or else hope for increased cleaning power. The reaction isn't limited to vinegar (weak acetic acid). Avoid mixing other household acids with bleach, such as lemon juice or some toilet bowl cleaners. Chlorine gas has been used as a chemical warfare agent, therefore it's not something you want to be making and inhaling in your home. Chlorine attacks the skin, mucous membranes, and respiratory system. It will make you cough and irritate your eyes, nose, and mouth. It can give you a chemical burn and could be deadly if you are exposed to a high concentration or are unable to get to fresh air.
Vinegar combines with hydrogen peroxide to produce peracetic acid. The resulting chemical is a more potent disinfectant, but it's also corrosive, so you turn relatively safe household chemicals into a dangerous one. Peracetic acid can irritate your eyes and nose and may give you a chemical burn.
Why Removing Your Waste is Important?
Removing waste properly is very important. Firstly to protect the environment and other people from coming into contact with hazardous materials. Also for maintaining a clean and healthy environment where accidents are less likely to happen, and also protecting your company from fines that might be incurred if waste is disposed of in an improper way. Laws regarding the disposal of waste are enforced by local authorities and the Environment Agency. The main two category of wastes are General and hazardous waste.
The professional removal of general or hazardous waste can make your day to day operations much easier and reduce unwanted stress.
Keeping your office bins clean and tidy.
When the weather is warm, making sure you regularly empty your office bins is important for the well being of your staff.
Why is it important to empty bins more regularly in warmer weather?
- In Warmer weather bins get smelly-: if a bin stay in a room too long, it doesn’t give a pleasant smell, and you definitely don’t want it wafting around the office.
- Insects, flies will be attracted to the bin-: Employees don’t want an insect problem or lots of flies dancing around the office, it can be very disrupting.
- Eggs can be laid in your bin by the flies and a maggot infestation may occur -:You definitely don’t want maggots in your office as they really do smell!
Things to do stop my bin from smelling during the warmer weather?
A major reason for the odour coming from your office bins is the cleanliness of the actual bin itself. This is why having an office cleaner is important, especially for the health and well-being of the employees.
Few tips to keep your office bins clean and odour free:
- Keep separate bins in the kitchen area like food waste, cardboard only and general waste etc.
- Make sure your office cleaning team or external cleaning company empty the bins more often during the warmer months.
- Clean bins regularly, especially the food waste bin to make sure no waste remains.
- Use the office bins for paper and general waste only, have a food waste only bin in the kitchen area or elsewhere.
Daytime office cleaning
Daytime office cleaning is the practice of hiring an office cleaning staff to clean your building while you are working. Many business owners doesn’t like day time office cleaning, because they believe the cleaning staff’s presence as an unwelcome intrusion, and yet there are still many benefits to be had. For one thing, daytime office cleaning will guarantee that what you want cleaned will be cleaned the first time around. Your presence in the office will mean that you can go to them with specific concerns.
Also daytime cleaning helps for cost reduction. If you are running a business, you probably have multiple employees, and for many of them keeping the office cleanly is probably the last thing on their mind. Introducing a daytime cleaning crew to the mix will remind them of the messes they’ve made and will actually encourage them to be cleaner. Usually people feel guilty when someone else is cleaning up their mess, and as your employees notice everything your daytime cleaning crew has to do they will likely clean up their act.
Overtime, it means due to that your daytime cleaning crew will have to visit your office for cleaning is less and less, and that you will ultimately reduce your office cleaning costs and organizational efficiency.Sometimes employees doesn’t inspire with office day time cleaning. Sometimes employees complain that the daytime cleaning crew makes them feel uncomfortable and that they get disturbed.
Why You Might Choose Evening Office Cleaning?
Every employee wish their staff to walk into a clean office each day. A clean office make them feel and energised and ready for work. While your staff at office you need distractions to be kept to a minimum. Having a team of office cleaning operatives doing their cleaning during the working day can be disruptive for staff. It can ultimately affect efficiency. Most of our clients now choose for after-hours evening cleaning.
- Health and safety-:During our cleaning we do have a major concern for health and safety. We are responsible for safety of your staff and visitors and everyone affected by our services. Keeping cleaning crews and office staff separately is the best way of guaranteeing the safety of all concerned.After-hours cleaning can ease risks such as trip hazards from vacuum cords, slip hazards from wet floors, and collision risks from items such as cleaners’ equipment and bins appearing in places where office staff least expect them.
- Minimising airborne pollution-:Even environment friendly chemicals could contain some ingredients that should not be inhaled or come into direct contact with skin and eyes. Our work releases built-up dust and dirt into the environment too. Your staff will not have the same protective clothing and cleaning expertise as our crews, which is why carrying out cleaning after hours can assist good safety management.
- Increased efficiency-:With minimum distraction our employees also improve their productivity. Our office cleaners can pay attention on getting the job done without worrying about disturbing your employees. When we do after hour cleaning the office is empty, quiet space means they can move efficiently and freely from room to room or zone to zone without disturbing schedules and staff.
Office Cleaning Chemicals and how to use them?
The chemicals you use for cleaning should not cause allergic reactions and most are allergen controlled. Office buildings have very strict guidelines as to what kind of chemicals and cleaners can be used to avoid any complications or missed work from employees who may be sensitive to chemicals. Our cleaner’s responsibility is to dilute these office cleaning products accordance with their label instructions. This needs to be taken very seriously. Make sure you read all of the instructions all the way through when using a commercial product during office cleaning. Otherwise you could end up mixing two very dangerous chemicals that normally wouldn't cause a reaction if used individually. Use a small bucket or squirt bottle of plain water handy if you happen to get office cleaning products in your eyes, while milder than some other cleaning products for other areas in the building, it still hurts like heck to get them in your eyes, and you may not be able to see to find the restrooms or eye wash areas quickly. A quick spray from your bottle could mean the difference between a red eye and a visit to the emergency room.
Office cleaning products are typically very mild. Harsher cleaners will be used mostly for the bathrooms, cafeterias (as in degreasers), and high traffic areas. The office cleaning cart will often consist of brass polish and regular lemon scented dusting spray
What Makes Good Customer Service?
- Invest in your staff-:If your staff is highly trained and motivated you can provide outstanding customer service. Your staff must be willing and able carry out the business’ services to the highest standard. At CompaQ cleaning, we invest in our staff. We hold training programmes to ensure each fellow of the team has all the support they need. Risk assessments are scheduled out in every office we work to protect our cleaners. Also we plan for the materials and equipment they will need for the jobs.
- Better Communication-:Communication is important to customer service. When your client needs to communicate with you, make sure you are always available or acknowledge them as soon as possible you can. Sometimes we are unable to give a solution to the client ASAP. But acknowledging your customer and outlining a reasonable time frame in order to respond to them helps show that you care.When you do communicate with customers ensure you are clear and transparent, focussing on honesty and assurance.
- Get to know your customers-:It is very important if you can find time to get to know your customers and customised your services according to their requirements. Usually each of our clients is assigned a dedicated Account Manager who is their main point of contact for all general inquiries.We also check in on our clients each month to see if there is anything we can do to improve our service. We ask if our customers having any concerns regarding the cleaning to help us keep on improving.
- Equally treat all customers-:You always have to value and respect every customer you work with and treat them equally.Whoever the client, we ensure that our standards of cleaning and our attention and care remain the same.
- Take pride in your service and reputation-:Our reputation has been built up over the last 10 years. Our customers’ opinions of us are extremely important to establish to other businesses our quality services and customer care. We strive to be considered as the best office cleaning service in Melbourne.It is vital to ensure that all customers are satisfied. And if not, to resolve their issues quickly with the minimum of hassle and stress to the customer.
- Be a can do company-:The power of positive language is so important. Be flexible, listen to customers’ needs, provide options, and always be willing to go over and above what is expected of you.
How to maintain commercial office carpets.
carpets A carpet is a thick, woven floor covering. Most carpets cover the whole floor in a room. Carpets are made from polyester fibres, or wool, or nylon — most often, these soft materials are loops or strings that form the carpet's "pile," and are attached to a solid backing. A carpet can be very densely woven and flat, or it can be tufted and thick. Most of our commercial office spaces are covered with carpets. Well maintained office carpets last longer than the inaccurately handled.
It's necessary to clean the office carpets immediately , when its colour has started becoming dull. By doing this it will prevent you from taking longer time while cleaning, costing more, and being much more difficult to clean. Regular carpet steam cleaning is arguably the most important thing when it comes to keeping your office floors in good condition. A strong relationship with your local carpet steam cleaning professionals is a wise idea definitely. Then they will advise you on exactly how often you should get your carpets cleaned, but in general, it will be around once per year. Doing so will guarantee you keep your office free of unnecessary dirt and grim, will help you form a good first impression for potential customers and should help your floors last much longer than they otherwise would.
And also it's necessary to vacuum thoroughly the carpet at least twice a week if it's not having heavy traffic else better to vacuum daily. This will help prevent dirt and dust building up within your floors. If you employ an office cleaning team, ensure that they’re using a high-quality vacuum cleaner and that they’re doing a thorough job every time.
Carpet stains are a pain, and they get harder and harder to remove over time. It’s therefore important to remove them immediately when they occur. You should be able to get rid of smaller food and drink stains on your own, but you might have to call your local carpet cleaner to deal with things like coffee or red wine.
It’s extremely important to ensure your employees and customers aren’t walking excess amounts of dirt and mud in every time they enter your building. Ideally, you should go for mats which match the rest of your office interior design. If you’re not already using some sort of mats at the entrance to your office, you should be!
Standard Carpet Steam Cleaning Process:
Usually our carpet steam cleaning expert will do inspect the premises to visually see the carpet. After that we will identify potential stains and give you an assessment of the expected results. First we use a commercial vacuum cleaner. It helps to lift the loose dirt before wetting the carpet.
Then an alkaline pre-cleaning sprayed to the carpet which will suspend the soil from the carpet top layer. Depending on carpet type, our technician will then use a Teflon-rake. We use Rotovac 360i which is a jet extractor that uses rotating vacuum heads for a deep clean effect on the carpet rather than just the surface of it. It gives out a 360-degree cleaning direction rather than in a parallel direction only. We use our hot-water extraction process to clean the carpet. This will remove any harmful bacteria or accumulated dirt in your carpet that has built up over the course of time. Final outcome is a softer carpet for you to enjoy until the next time you decide to use our services.Finally, our carpet steam cleaning expert will go through the carpet once again. It will take 2-6 hours for a standard carpet to dry.
Advantages of carpet steam cleaning.
- Maintaining carpet Appearances-:It’s suggested you steam clean your carpet every 6 to 12 months before you start to notice the spots and traffic lanes to keep it looking brand new and to have it for a long time. When Soil left in the carpet for a long time can really work its way into the fibres. After that it will be so hard and impossible to remove.
- Employee Health Benefits-:Your carpet works similar the filter in your heating/AC system. It traps all kinds of bacteria, allergens, dust, pollens and other nasty things that are in the air. It gets filled up over time. The best way to keep the air you and your family breathe clean and safe is to clean your carpet regular basis.
Longevity-:Cleaning your carpets regularly is the best method to guarantee you’ll face a new carpet installation later rather than sooner. Usually, carpet will last 10 to 15 years, whether you maintain it or not. Put off cleaning your carpet for 5 years, and the traffic lanes, stains and signs of general wear and tear will have you calling a carpet company for a new rug long before the warranty on your current carpet expires.
Most common carpet stains and cleaning solutions at home
If you have carpets in your home or office, there’s a good chance you’re going to have carpet stain issues at some point, from kids, guests, pets etc. Therefore you need to be prepared to act quickly in the case of a stain situation.
Carpet Stain Culprit #1: Pet Stains
No matter how well-trained your furry pet is, accidents happen. You need to know how to clean pet urine from carpet. If at all possible, clean up urine as soon as it hits the floor and while it’s still wet. Once it dries, the odor will set into the carpet fibers. First place a towel or a couple of layers of paper towels on the spot to absorb the urine. Push towel into the carpet and absorbs as much urine as possible. Next, mix up a solution of 2 cups of vinegar, 2 cups of warm water and 4 tablespoons of baking soda. Put solution into a spray bottle and spritz on soiled area. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Blot with a soft cloth. For heavier stains, sprinkle baking soda directly on the stain. Pour a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water on the area and let it sit for 5 minutes and blot up with a cloth.
Sometimes your pet vomits on carpet. The acid in vomit can stain a surface in seconds. So wipe it up as soon as you can. Use a dustpan or scraper to remove the larger chunks. Blot with a towel to clean up the moisture. Mix a solution of 2 cups of warm water, 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap and 1/2 cup of vinegar. Dip a soft cloth or sponge into the mixture and apply to the soiled area. Blot lightly. You may need to do this a couple of times to remove a tough stain. When the stain is gone, remove cleaner by putting a cloth dipped in clean water on the area. Blot dry with a towel.
Carpet Stain Culprit #2: Spilled Wine or Juice
From party guests to excited kids, wine or juice can easily be spilled on your carpets. In these cases, your main concern is getting the dark dye out of the carpet. Follow this process to remove the stain:
Red wine stains on clothing can be tricky to get out, but those on the carpet are much worse to deal with. Use a clean white cloth to blot up as much of the red wine or juice as you can right away. Alternate parts of the cloth to always blot using a fresh spot. Pour a small amount of cool water onto the red wine or juice stain on the carpet and continue blotting. The water dilutes the red wine, which makes it easier to blot up. Do not pour too much water at a time and switch out the blotting cloth for a dry one as you work. Continue blotting until no more stain can be removed using this method. Mix a paste with a three-to-one ratio of baking soda to water. Apply the paste directly to the carpet stain and wait for it to dry completely before vacuuming up the dried paste. If any stain remains, apply a carpet stain remover according to the manufacturer's instructions. Typically, the process is to wait until the cleaning product dries and then vacuum.
Carpet Stain Culprit #3: Mud and/or Dirt
Kids and pets both attract dirt and mud. The real trouble happens when that muddy mess makes its way to your clean carpets. Like many other stains, tackling the stain the right way will help you avoid lasting damage. First, get everything you can off of the area. Scrape off any mud that’s stuck on with a credit card or similar edge. Vacuum up any excess soil or grass.
Put some water in a spray bottle and thoroughly spray the area. Once the entire area is moist, use a paper towel or white rag/towel to blot up as much of the stain as you possibly can. Repeat for as long as the stain keeps appearing on your transfer rag or towel. Mix a tablespoon of your favourite dishwashing solution without any potentially damaging additives like bleach or lanolin. Dip a sponge or rag in the solution and use it to work the solution into the stained area of the carpet. Once you’ve saturated the stain, blot the area with paper towels. Continue until you’ve gotten out all the grass or mud, then spray with more water and blot dry to pull up any leftover detergent solution.
Office Disinfection: Cold and Flu Season
Compaq Office Cleaning Services offer a full office disinfection service on extra cost to keep germs and bacteria from spreading around your office.
Offices can be mostly exposed to the spread of diseases. Mainly during cold and flu time where it is so easy for germs to spread from one surface to another. Due to the spread of germs more employees being struck down resulting in less productivity and additional pressure on those remaining to keep business as usual, therefore office disinfection is important for all offices.
Our professional office disinfection cleaning teams help to ensure that both common and hard to reach zones are sanitized. Keeping high-risk areas such as desks, office equipment, chairs and kitchen areas clean, sanitary and safe.
All our office cleaners of our knowledgeable team are well trained to provide expert, effective office disinfection, and using our specialist knowledge will clean, disinfect and then protect offices to minimise infection, and therefore disruption to you.
It is important to keep office spaces as clean and hygienic as possible. It will help to prevent the spread of diseases as well as reduce allergies and other environment-related problems such as asthma.
Our Office Cleaning Services offers a range of specialist services to ensure that we not only leave your workspace looking great but help to improve the overall hygiene standard or your premises and eliminate any potentially hazardous situations without risk to human health.
Sanitize your office to stop the spread of germs
We have to take actions fast to fight off colds, flu and other germs. Clean and Sanitize surfaces and regular hand washing helps to create a healthy environment. Also good nutritious diet and enhancing your immune system is also the most effective way to stay healthy at work.
Studies have proved that when someone is sick in an office, it takes only four hours for surfaces like coffeepot handles, copy-machine buttons and the fridge door to show traces of infectious viruses. Considering that this winter there has been something of a flu outbreak, the worst since 2010-11, sniffles, coughs and sneezes are common sounds at the office at this time of year. You can’t keep your office completely germ-free, you can take a few simple preventive measures to keep your office clean and your employees as happy and healthy as possible.
- Sanitize your office space-:Clean High traffic areas such as kettles, microwaves, fax-machine keys, doorknobs, lift buttons, the armrests on your chair etc. Use a good disinfectant at least once a week, even if it looks clean. Giving employees the option to work at home keeps germs away from the workplace and reduces the risk of other co-workers becoming sick.
- Practice and promote good Health habits:It is essential to promote regular hand washing in the office. Furthermore provide employees with their own box of tissues and a bin to dispose of germ-filled tissues. Keep a cleaning station at office entrances and antibacterial wipes in common areas such as meeting rooms, reception areas and the kitchen can also benefit to reduce the spread of viruses.
- Encourage employees to speak up-:Encourage co-workers to let each other know that they aren’t feeling well. Then others can take proper precautions. Also if your employees are feeling sick, encourage them to go home. Shaking hands may be a common courtesy in the meeting room, announcing that if employee’s are suffering from a cold , encourage them to simply say hello rather than shaking hands.
- Promote good nutrition-:The best way to prevent the cold and flu is improving your body’s resistance to the virus. Dietary changes can boost the body’s immunity. Help protect employee health by ditching the morning muffins and pizza parties and stock the office kitchen with healthy and nutritious alternatives such as nuts, fruit and green veg.
to stop flu spreading
- Always carry tissues
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Throw used tissues in the bin
- Always clean your hands
Why should you consider cleaning and sanitising your Melbourne office?
In a spacious office space, with a large number of workers and several communal areas, professional cleaning services are mandatory in maintaining a hygienic work space. You might feel your office looks tidy, but bacteria can grow up quickly on seemingly clean surfaces.
Regular sanitising helps to significantly reduce the possible transfer of germs and bacteria.A clean office space looks more appealing and portrays a positive image of your company to potential clients visiting the office.
Usually, areas with a large amount of foot traffic should to be cleaned as regularly as possible. Surfaces should be cleaned with hot soapy water and dried, while specific areas such as door handles and office equipment can be wiped down.
Areas which need to be cleaned regularly-:
- Door handles
In compliance with the food standards, kitchen and lunch areas should always be sanitised. Sanitising effectively reduces the number of bacteria which can generally be more difficult to remove and prevents the spread of illnesses.
Surfaces which need to be sanitised-:
- Surfaces which come into contact with food
- Bathrooms and communal washrooms
As an experienced and professional commercial office cleaning company in Melbourne, we understand the importance of customising our services to suit your company needs. Our services are also charged at an hourly rate ensuring your business doesn’t need to pay for more than they require.
Sanitising and disinfectant cleaning are done in two different methods. Disinfecting procedures are generally thought to be one of the most thorough as they completely destroy microorganism and bacteria. Also they remove bacteria which lead to foul smell.Our commercial office cleaning agency offers a range of flexible deep cleaning services. Such as washroom sanitation , carpet cleaning, to end of tenancy deep cleans. These services are supplementary to general office cleaning for occasions your office might require more than a daily office clean.
Tools for carpet steam cleaning
With hundreds of employees walking in and out of your office daily, it's unavoidable that dirt, stains, and spills will appear. We will discuss here how to clean carpets here. When it comes to carpets cleaning failure to choose the right shampoo will not only waste your time and resources on an useless product, but also could put your carpet at risk for damage.
There are plenty of carpet steam cleaning shampoos out there so how do you know which one is the best for your cleaning needs? When it comes to choosing a carpet steam cleaning shampoo, we always have to consider is it zero residue? Make sure to look for the words “zero residue” when buying a carpet cleaning chemical.
Zero residue is important in maintaining a clean carpet for a long period of time. Because soaps and shampoos are sticky. Because, any residue left on the carpet can attract dirt. When we use shampoos that are not zero residue, you will quickly notice it in the high traffic areas. Whenever somebody walks on the carpet, any dirt brought in from their shoes will stick to the left-over residue thus leaving dark spots on your carpet. Over time, these spots will increase in size and color as more dirt is 'sticking' to the area.
If there are spots or stains appear only a few weeks after your carpets have been cleaned, the shampoo is the fault. It may just be the reminder you need to switch to a new shampoo, one that leaves zero residue.
Zero residue chemicals works very well in cleaning carpet, but also maintaining that clean look. It is a high foaming dry shampoo that leaves zero residue behind as well as a fresh scent. The dry shampoo can be vacuumed up after the application, but it should be used with a carpet extractor for best results. The best part of it all is that it won't discolour, damage or stiffen the carpet fibers ensuring your carpet preserves that ‘new carpet' look.
Another tip to keep your carpets clean is to address spills and stains properly. It is only a matter of time when a coffee spill or some other stain will appear. By addressing these stains properly not only will your carpet look as if that spill never happened, but it will also last longer too.
- Vacuum carpet daily Build up of dust, hair, debris and anything else that might be in your carpet can lead to stains. Regularly vacuuming your carpet is a preventative method in keeping it clean and keeping those stains away.
- Clean stains immediately. The key to stopping a stain from becoming impossible to get out is to address it right away. Remove as much of the spill from the carpet as possible. This can be done by taking an absorbent white towel and blotting the area. After you have absorbed as much of the stain as possible, apply a warm wet sponge to the area to try to extract any remaining residue. If the stain is still there, apply carpet cleaner immediately to retract the rest of the spill.
- Control the spill. Another important thing you want to do is to contain the spill to one area. By doing this the spill will affect only a small portion rather than spreading and affecting a much larger area. In order to contain a spill, cleaning products such as the one mentioned above should be sprayed around the area of the spill.
- Use a stain remover. At times you may need something a little more powerful in getting out stains, especially set-in stains. A great product for removing set-in stains is Carpet Spot & Stain Remover. It comes in an aerosol can which makes it easy to spray the exact amount you want. It works great for those difficult stains such as tar, oil, paint, ink, coffee, shoe polish, blood and even gum. It leaves behind no residue and it's effective on both oil and water-based spills. Best of all, it's easy to use. Simply apply it to the affected area, gently agitate and allow to dwell and then lastly rinse with a sponge or microfiber cloth.
Replacing the carpet at your facility could cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars. By following the steps above and choosing the right carpet cleaner not only will your carpets look spotless, but you will enjoy them for years to come.
Tips for Keeping Commercial Restrooms Clean
Everyone hates to use dirty bathrooms and also hates to clean them, but these are one of the most significant areas of your office to maintain a safe, healthy standard of cleanliness. In fact, the toilet areas themselves are a place where you have an opportunity to make an important positive impression on customers.
Toilets impress customers? Absolutely.
A spotless bathroom stall, including the toilet and /or urinal, expresses volumes about the care and attention put into the overall business operations. It makes customers comfortable and perhaps even more confident that they can rely on your company to provide excellent service or a solid product.
Cleaning the toilet areas doesn’t have to be a time-consuming, stressful or toxic process.
Armed with a few preventative measures, a few dependable cleaning products, more than one accessible cleaning hints and a dose of commonplace sense, , employees can be quick work of cleaning bathrooms.
Consider these tips that are essentially ensured to supply your company with cleaner, fresher restroom offices in no time at all.
Prepare your space. Take a look into the washroom slows down to see what you're up against. Consider what cleaning chemicals & equipment you’ll need to complete the work and what supplies will got to be supplanted A janitorial cart could be a convenient device to have around for this purpose.
First things first Cleaning the toilet can be an appalling chore. So, arm yourself and your workers with cleaning gear like latex gloves, protective eye wear and masks, in case workers are sensitive to some cleaning operators.
Get moving. Now that you’re ready to tackle the toilet. First do remove any toilet paper cubes or other debris on the floor around the toilet. Then, add a generous splash of a quality toilet cleaner to the toilet bowl. Make sure to use a product removes stains, cleans toilet bowls and wipes out odors. If you have more stubborn stains, use a powerful bowl cleaning solution containing hydrochloric acid. Take care to use PPE like gloves and safety glasses whenever handling cleaning products.
Tackle the tank. Once toilet bowl cleaned, grab a general cleaning product and wipe around the outside of the toilet. Make sure to use a cloth to clean the toilet surface and not a sponge. Sponges are ripe breeding grounds for all sorts of nasty bacteria to thrive, so they are not the ideal tool for cleaning toilets or urinals. Pay special attention to cleaning and disinfecting the toilet handle as well as the metal door handle and lock as these typically are areas filled with germs.
Finish the job. Use a professional toilet brush give toilet bowl a good. Then, pay your attention to the bathroom wall. Use a clean cloth, wipe it down thoroughly, making note of any areas of graffiti that needs to be removed. Re-stock the toilet paper rolls and/or air freshener dispensers.
Maintain cleanliness between cleanings. Choose the right cleaning product and you’ll be able to maintain a fresh restroom throughout the day, not just right after a scrub-down.
How to Take Care of Challenging Floor Problems
Maintaining up a floor’s sparkle is around more than fair generally appearance. By appropriately taking care of flooring, trade operations can be improved to their fullest potential and the working environment will keep up high quality safety control guidelines.
Sometimes floor issues require more than weekly deep cleaning, daily mopping and instant spot cleaning. They need solutions to specific floor challenges that are inherent to certain industries. Let’s look at some of these:
Whether hardwood, tile, vinyl or laminate, all flooring needs to be safe and slip-free for customers and employees. However, some industries simply generate more dust than others. To solve this problem, be proactive and use a product designed to control dust as much as possible. Use products that help keep dust off merchandise while sweeping as well as the floor. They work by attracting dust to the mop surface so it doesn’t fly into the air. Both treatments are perfect for concrete, wood, vinyl and tile surfaces.
Hardwood, concrete and laminate floors are outlined to be tough, but now and then they do drop prey to scratches, divots and gouges. To play down the impact of these floor scars, attempt carefully sanding out scratches with a floor sander fitting for the sort of flooring you have. You may too attempt filling in any profound gouges or significant chips with wood putty. Press the putty into the influenced range, rub to smooth the surface and permit to solidify overnight. Another choice to drag out the life of the floor and secure a wood wrap up is to apply a floor oil that will cover damaged surfaces whereas anticipating future damage.
Now and then it is essential for businesses to apply adhesive materials such as tape or stickers to the floor. To expel them, get a janitorial floor scraper with both a long and short alternative. Select a scraper that's gentle and flexible and apply weight to release and expel sticky substances off the floor. Keep in mind to use the scrubber with caution to avoid possible harm.
While this is the most mess-free method, you can also use some household items to soften the adhesives. Some examples are baby oil, vinegar and cleaners that are designed specifically to remove price tags and other adhesives from hard surfaces. Just make sure to test a small area of the floor first for discoloration and follow manufacturer instructions on any products you plan to apply.
Indeed by taking the leading safety measures, some of the time paint can splatter or trickle onto the floor. Numerous times this issue isn’t indeed taken note until the paint is as of now dry. How to evacuate dried paint depends on the sort of floor surface.
For vinyl flooring, rub away as much of the paint as possible with a floor scraper or indeed a spoon. Take extraordinary care not to harm the surface. At that point apply a moistening specialist like mineral spirits to lift up the remaining paint. With laminate flooring, attempt weakening a little sum of rubbing liquor or vinegar with water to clean the surface and wipe away. For concrete floors, attempting scratching away the paint or applying a chemical paint stripper. Continuously take after manufacturer’s instructions. With hardwood floors, attempt applying a warm with a source like a hairdryer to extricate up the paint. On the off chance that that doesn’t work, attempt a floor scrubber or putty cut to tenderly pry the paint off the floor or utilize a proficient paint remover product.
Just running a wet mop over floors doesn’t always remove annoying scuff marks. If these marks are left behind after your daily cleaning, try this simple trick: Carefully cut a hole in an old tennis ball and stick it on the end of a broom stick. Rub the tennis ball over the surface. The tennis ball works as an eraser to instantly remove these dark marks.
If you don’t have a worn-out tennis ball around, try spraying the area with light mist of professional floor cleaner directly on the spot. Gingerly rub with a soft, microfiber cloth and buff dry with a separate cloth.
What is the Most Effective Way to Clean Your Workplace?
Indeed, in spite of the fact that the locate of a cluttered work area and chaotic office space may provide the impression that imperative work is being done, it’s truly not conducive to a profitable work environment. A clean office makes a difference to de-clutter the intellect and clear the way for inventiveness and productivity over the course of the workday. It’s too significant for sanitary reasons, and in some cases indeed safety reasons depending on the condition of the office.
So, it’s not really a question of whether an office should be cleaned, but the most effective way to get the job done. Before you even begin any actual cleaning, there are some things you need to do.
Figure Out What You Need-:No two offices are precisely the same, and what needs cleaning in one office may not indeed exist in another. It’s safe to say they all have floors, work areas, computers, and windows that require cleaning, but you moreover got to make a note of any uncommon prerequisites. Some of the common things you might have to be consider are Floors,,Windows,Bathrooms,Walls,Garbage removal, Cubicles,Computers,Kitchen areas,Reception areas and Conference rooms
Get Organised-: Once you know all the areas that require cleaning, it’s better to create a checklist, so it’s simple to move through the office and not miss anything vital. Indeed, cleaning the keys on all the computer consoles ought to be on your checklist if that’s something you would like to be done. The most successful way to clean your office continuously incorporates being organized so that the work can be performed proficiently and with the highest level of quality.
Use Proven Tools and Products-:
Having the proper tools and products accessible to clean your office is part of being organised and prepared to get the work done. High-quality cleaning products, cloths, brooms, mops, garbage bags, and other supplies will empower you to do the finest work possible. It’s also an great idea to keep all of the supplies onsite, so they are prepared to go after you require them. You don’t have to be use the foremost costly brand names for all of your items, but select ones that have a solid reputation for being effective. That incorporates all-purpose cleaners, glass cleaners, stain removers, disinfectants, and more. In the event that the people in your office prefer more normal items, at that point you ought to take the time to do a few inquire about or indeed make your own with essential oils.
Stick to a Schedule-:
Cleaning your office at whatever point you are feeling like it likely isn’t perfect way to have a clean office on a continuous basis. That’s why you ought to be planning cleaning and making sure it gets done routinely. When a strict plan is taken after, you'll have a reliably clean environment, and everybody within the office will advantage.
Use Industry Tips and Tricks-:
Many commercial office cleaners have tricks they like to use to help rise up the efficiency and effectiveness of their office cleaning. Such as using lint rollers for chairs, couches, and other surfaces, dusting computers or keyboards with dryer sheets, using hot water to clear stubborn drains or baking soda and vinegar for stainless steel. When you mimic the pros and use some of the tricks of the trade, you’ll be able to get great outcomes.
Hire a Professional Cleaning Service-:
A professional office cleaning service in Melbourne is always the most effective way to clean your office if its fits to your budget. When you hire a professional cleaning company Melbourne, you can rest easy knowing that a schedule will be followed and they will be using industry-proven techniques, tools, and products to get the job done. The people in your office will feel good knowing that you take pride in how the office looks and in their comfort and safety.
When you set out to hire a professional cleaning service for your office cleaning, don’t just follow the lowest prices and expect great results. That doesn’t mean you need to bring in the most expensive team either, but a track record for satisfied customers and great reviews are what matter most. When you can find that at pricing that works, you have an office cleaner that will probably provide the results you need.
Office Cleaning Services Include What Type of Cleaning?
People are always flowing in and out of office spaces and hallways. An office may be a space that's shared with workers, occasional guests, and visitors, and people are continuously in contact with things in this space. Work areas, desks, phones, fax and copy machines, door handles, and numerous other objects are all touched and used on a day by day premise. Since an office is a common area, germs are moved continuously from various items. General cleaning of the office can help to eliminate dirt, dust, bacteria, allergens, and the harmful contaminants that pollute the office air.
Keeping your business’s facilities clean is useful for your office environment. Hiring a office cleaning company in Melbourne that provides office cleaning services can help you to maintain a workspace that is comfortable and clean. This article is an overview of the types of office cleaning services office cleaning companies offers its clients.
Floor & Carpet Cleaning-:Carpets and floors in offices are the most vulnerable to dirt and debris. As employees travel from outside, they bring all kinds of stuff to the office floors. Due to this the ground becomes covered with filth and unwanted particles such as mud, snow, sand, and other unwelcomed elements.At office cleaning companies, they offer floor and carpet cleaning services. We know that offices are high-traffic spaces and that floors often suffer because of it. Things like dirt and snow on the ground accumulate quickly in busy areas and, when left alone, can cause unsafe conditions for your workers. Hence, giving your floors a deep clean can help to limit the presence of and hazards created by dust, slush, and allergens in the office.
Office Kitchen Cleaning & Garbage Removal-:In Melbourne most of the offices, we have seen a kitchen or lunch room where people gather to get ready coffee, store their lunches, snacks, chit-chat, and sit down to eat. Keeping up a kitchen space that's clean and enables employees to eat comfortably is vital. It contributes altogether to their wellbeing and the overall feelings of happiness within the office environment. By offering your employees a clean lunch area, you are providing a space that is sterile and germ-free. A cleaner workspace is beneficial to productivity as it encourages better work habits. It makes the office more appealing and welcomes positive behaviours and practices.With the services of CompaQ cleaning, you'll accomplish a clean and elevating office environment. We take our time to remove rubbish and wipe, dust, and clean all surfaces within the kitchen such as countertops, tables, and chairs. Machines like your coffee machines, microwaves, and others are all cleaned and sanitized.In addition to cleaning the kitchen, we also offer to take away garbage from spaces around the office. Garbage bins in conference rooms, under desks and tables, and around other areas will be emptied and replaced for the following workday. Professional commercial cleaners go above and beyond to ensure that your office remains spotless.
Sanitization & Disinfecting of Surfaces-:With commercial office cleaning services from CompaQ cleaning, all surfaces in the office are cleaned carefully. Desks, tables, chairs, computers, printers, and machines are left sparkling without the presence of dust particles or germs. We do disinfect and sterilizing these surfaces, it helps to eliminate the spread of germs in the office and limits the distribution of allergens in the air. As a result, the indoor air quality is progressed, and employees can work cheerfully in a clean office setting.
Every Area Is Cleaned completely-:There are many advantages to keeping your office clean. Hiring professional office cleaning services enables you and your workers to operate in a space that's debris-free and beneficial. Your office reflects you and your business. So, keeping up its cleanliness is foremost to the impression you allow and the joy of your staff.With commercial cleaning services, every space and area of your office is cleaned. Conference rooms, personal offices, workspaces, desks, washrooms, warehouses, and other places are all given a refresh. They are cleaned thoroughly to ensure that your office space remains spotless, orderly, and favourable for great work.
Office Cleaning is Flexible & Inclusive-: Many trade proprietors are mindful of the benefits of proficient office cleaning services. With the limited time they need to make calls, book appointments, attend and plan gatherings, and audit day by day targets, cleaning is virtually impossible. Therefore, hiring a commercial office cleaning company has demonstrated to be the most excellent alternative to preserve professionalism, tidiness, and efficiency in a workspace. CompaQ cleaning is committed to keeping offices clean and making a difference them to run effectively.
PLANS TO MINIMIZE COST OF CLEANING OPERATIONS
Improving the cleaning processes and reducing its costs is one of the key goals of facility managers and cleaning servicers. The top office cleaning companies in Melbourne usually analyse their operations processes regularly to check where they could possibly do cost cutting. Unfortunately, most of the cleaning servicers get so busy with their day to day operational tasks and are unable to find the time to look for ways to cut down operating costs.
To simplify your cost cutting job, CompaQ cleaning has collected a variety of cost saving cleaning approaches and new technologies that can increase cleaning efficiency, lower operating costs and eventually lead to larger profits.
Dilution Control -: Most often the cleaners use more chemicals while manually diluting the cleaning chemicals with a solvent. As a solution we can use Dilution control systems. Those have become increasingly popular among discerning cleaning services. Not only do they help cleaners ensure that their potentially harmful cleaning chemicals are mixed properly, but they can result in financial savings, which are passed on to you, the customer.
Product Replacement Program -:Most of the time the machines and equipment’s used for cleaning processes are either overused or replaced before the end of their lifetime. Hence it is very important to establish a Product Replacement Program where-in each of the machines and equipment is labelled with their appropriate Use-until date, along with their track record maintained on an excel template.
Joint Procurement-:usually cleaning companies purchase lots of products. The cleaning companies to partner with their suppliers will increase buying power and could receive greater savings. A good rapport with the supplier could also have a possible outcome of price ceiling, which prevents the supplier from rising the product costs above a certain level.
Evaluate Cleaning Performance frequently-:There could be many recurring mistakes and incidents that occur continuously during the office cleaning process, and remain ignored. These mistakes and incidents on repetition can cost the cleaning organisation a lot of time and money. A strategically implemented and managed audit process provides a 360-degree, consolidated view of performance across multiple processes and can easily spot these errors and incidents. These findings can help in re-designing the cleaning business procedures and activities for maximum efficiency at lowest possible costs.
Build an effective Training Program:-:It is vital to design a training program that focuses on both initial and ongoing training for the professional office cleaners. It would help both the new and the existing cleaners up-to-date on the correct and the most efficient methods to clean as well as know how to use the latest cleaning tools. Many cleaning equipment and chemical Manufacturers and distributors provide complimentary training programs for their clients. Compaq Cleaning has built an advanced Training Management platform that can help you reduce costs, resources and time associated with maintaining your training programs.
Common Cleaning Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Most commercial office building owners in Melbourne understand how tough it can be to maintain a dust-free office all the time. Usually dust builds up in hard-to-reach and toughest-to-clean areas. Ensuring cleanliness can be a frustrating task, especially when you don’t have a professional cleaning staff that can clean your commercial building or office every day. In Melbourne companies like CompaQ cleaning make it super easier for facility or office managers to keep everything clean and shining from floor to windows. Let’s take a look at some of the mistakes people make when cleaning offices:
Using Wrong Material-:
When unprofessional office cleaners clean a place, they often use wrong products or tools that lead to damage. For example, using the mistaken cleaning solution can damage your expensive carpet or floor boards. While it’s relatively easy to find tools to wash or clean floors and windows, cleaning carpets is a technical job. To avoid such mistakes, make sure you hire a reliable office cleaning company that has all the necessary equipment and skills to fulfil your cleaning needs satisfactory.
Dusting with Dry Clothes-:
You shouldn’t use any piece of cloth to clean different surfaces in your office. Most people use dry microfiber cloth rather than a damp cotton cloth to clean surfaces which contain dust. Microfiber cloths trap dust professionally when slightly damp. Buildup of dust and oil residue on surfaces can’t be cleaned with dry clothes.
Use Of Harsh Substantial-:Harsh cleaning products can damage your precious assets. For instance, using a hard, abrasive piece of cloth for cleaning can create scratches on computer monitors and TV screens. To protect your monitors, TVs, and other sensitive equipment, use recommended cleaning solutions. It might be appropriate to use a microfiber paper towel to clean sensitive surfaces. Using water to clean electronics is also a common mistake.
Use Of Low-Quality Vacuum Filters-:Keeping your office 100% dust-free can be a very difficult task. What you can do to minimize the level of dust and airborne particles in your office is use the right vacuum filters. Low-quality vacuum filters will spew dust back into the air, making it difficult to trap most of the particles bigger than 0.3 microns. A professional cleaning company will be using highly powerful and eco-friendly dust cleaning solutions to keep your office clean and healthy.
Another common mistake is the use of dirty clothes to clean surfaces. You can either wash cleaning clothes after cleaning or use new pieces of cloth every time you perform cleaning activities. A dirty piece of cloth will only move dust from place to another.
Scrubbing Carpets-:Scrubbing your carpet can harm the fibres and leave you with a spot where the texture is different from the rest of the carpet, which isn’t really any different than having a stain there. Instead of scrubbing hard when you spill something on your carpet, start by blotting it gently with a paper towel and then use a stain remover to treat the area.
Not Testing Your Stain Remover-:When you use stain removers, make sure that you don’t end up causing a stain with it. It’s a common thing that happens. If you’re using a stain remover on a surface you’ve never tried it on before, always test a small amount of it in an area that isn’t visible to make sure that it doesn’t cause any discolouration.
Mixing Cleaning Products-:Do not combine your cleaning products. Not only can a mixture of different cleaning products cause damages to the surfaces you’re trying to clean, it can let off fumes that cause painful rashes and other health problems.
Spraying Cleaner onto Surfaces-:Many people spray their cleaning solution directly onto surfaces when cleaning, but this often results in build-up that is difficult to remove. Instead, the best way to clean surfaces is to spray your cleaner onto a microfibre cloth and then wipe down surfaces with the cloth.
Why Melbourne Daily Cleaning Could Be Great For Your Company?
All offices require some form of sanitation service. While employees often clean up after themselves, it is important that your business is regularly and properly cleaned. Unsanitary environments can be harmful to staff, customers, and productivity, so it is important to think about the type of cleaning your company needs.
What does Melbourne daily office cleaning consist of?
Professional office cleaning companies are hired to make sure that your office remains hygienic at all times. They clean your buildings as often as you needed. They customised their services to match each client’s necessities. Daily office contract cleaning often includes responsibilities such as cleaning of desks, sweeping of floors, bathroom cleaning, emptying of bins, floor vacuuming, and the cleaning of communal areas like staff kitchens.
Having a standard of cleaning in your office is the most effective way of avoiding employee illness. Maybe you have an employee with a dust allergy, who would suffer in a dusty workplace that is not properly cleaned. Also, a clean environment is required in controlling the spread of viruses and illnesses. Unnecessary germs are bad news for employers as well as employees, as your business will affect if you experience high levels of sick leave.
Some companies hire in house cleaner, who may only work part-time, rather than hiring the services of a commercial cleaning company. However, advertising for the role and choosing an appropriate office cleaner takes valuable time and money. Hiring one cleaner also means that you will have to buy professional cleaning equipment, as well as having to regularly refresh cleaning products. Utilising a professional cleaning service is less hassle and less expensive, and means you get experienced and equipped cleaning staff who require far less supervision.
A clean office is required to keep clients, customers, employees, and associates comfortable. By guaranteeing that everyone who visits your office gains the best possible impression of your company, you are helping to secure positive and profitable working relationships. Cleanliness is paramount to achieving a calm and collected atmosphere. Even the smallest of details such as dusty desks, stained windows, grubby door handles – create an impression of carelessness and chaos. A business associate needs to instantly feel at ease. They should remember your office for its pristine-ness and professionalism, as opposed to being the office that served them water from a smudged glass, slid over to them across a greasy table.
A professionally cleaned office means that every room; every inch of the workplace is spotless. Skilled cleaners are meticulous, and can focus particularly on facilities most used for business, for example, the reception area, meeting rooms, and bathrooms. New clients and potential customers become aware of that instantly. If your office is maintained to such a high standard, its visitors and employees immediately perceive your company to be detail-orientated and mindful. This speaks volumes about the way business is conducted. A clean office not only makes an impression upon its clients and customers but upon its employees, too. The benefits of creating this impression are endless.
How To Clean Electronic Devices To Prevent The Spread Of COVID-19
Electronic devices are at the centre of our modern lifestyle and they are also among the most touched items in any office or home. Keyboards, phones, tablets, remote controls, and computer mice, and even large items like the copy printer are touched regularly. Due to COVID-19 all those objects are required sanitisation on a regular basis to ensure that COVID doesn’t pass between one co-worker and the next through contact with these devices.
Electronic objects cleaning methods are different. There are a few approved ways to clean electronics and even sanitise them without putting your devices or your staff at risk.
- Isopropyl Alcohol or Glass Cleaner-:The first and most important fact to know about cleaning electronics is that you require a non-water-based cleaning solution that evaporates very rapidly. Your two best options are isopropyl alcohol (70-90%) and glass/multi-surface cleaner. Most wire-heads, those who build and maintain their own computers, rely on isopropyl as the safest way to clean electronics without getting them wet. Though, glass cleaner is a great fallback. If you use glass cleaner, be sure to check the bottle to confirm that it is a sanitising-strength solution. Disinfectant strength is good as well. Both iso and glass cleaner evaporate quickly off of surfaces while leaving them sanitised.
- Spray the Cloth-:Usually when sanitising, it’s practical to spray the surface to soaking then wipe away the excess. When it comes to electronic it’s not a good practise. The idea is to clean the surface without allowing any liquid (even fast-drying liquid) into the electronic components underneath the interface buttons and panels. The best way to do this is to spray the cloth, not the device. Spray cleaner onto a paper towel or cleaning cloth until it is damp to the touch, but not dripping. Then wipe firmly, pressing down hard enough to clean all the buttons and the plastic surface plate between/beneath the buttons as well. Wipe down each and every surface, angle, and protrusion, using a combination of long swipes and circular detailed motions.
- Turn the Device Off Before wiping-:It is recommended electronics devices turned off and/or unplugged before you clean them. Wiping down electronics thoroughly means using enough pressure to press the buttons. You can really mess up your settings, trigger processes, or type nonsense when trying to clean a device while it’s on and functioning. Therefore, unplug keyboards, switch off phones, and pop the batteries out of remote controls before wiping them down.
- Clean the Cables and Chargers-:Sometimes cleaners will neglect the cables. Cables can pick up COVID-19 particles just like any other surface in the office, and we touch cables and chargers more than we realise. As explained earlier, unplug the device and wrap your cloth around the cable at one end to clean it. Then gradually pull the cable through until you sanitise the other end. Do this twice at different grip-rotations for each cable.Devices with detachable chargers, like phones, should have their chargers and charging cables sanitised daily. Wipe down the USB end or power box along with the entire length of cable using a sanitiser-dampened cloth. Don’t skip the prongs or USB tip. Allow to dry completely before plugging back in.
Keeping the electronic devices in your workplace or home office clean can be a challenge if you don’t know the tricks. But with care, you can easily keep your entire office sanitised and safe without damaging the electronics you clean. Contact us for more sanitising insights or professional cleaning services!
Cleaning Hacks Anyone Can Use in an Office
A quicker, more effective clean is possible when you have the correct cleaning hacks and tricks to enact. Unfortunately, not everybody assigned office cleaning tasks is skilled and understandably so. A clean, tidy office is what any business proprietor, office manager, and/or employee wants to walk into but achieving it is not always easy
- What’s the best natural cleaner?The best natural cleaner is vinegar. It’s been used for many years, as a natural acid. It removes germs, can help cut through grease, and vinegar will even act as a fabric softener when added to the rinse cycle on any laundry. Half-and-half of vinegar and water, and this combination is all you need to clean your office safely and efficiently.
- How can I freshen up the office garbage?
Sometimes the garbage smells. A simple cleaning hack to freshen up the garbage is to start with a lemon, lime, grapefruit, or citrus fruit. Cut it into chunks and place them inside an ice cube tray. Top up each mold with vinegar. Freeze it. Now you’ve got small pods which can be easily tossed into the garbage any time you need it to smell a little fresher.
- Remove residue from office sinks and fixtures
Dab a half of lemon in some baking soda if you intend to use it to clean any dirt or grime. A lemon’s a great technique of tackling sinks, fixtures, and showers. You can use it in a professional setting just like you can at home. For added effect, you can take a gentle scrubber and scrub in.
- How to clean my air conditioning and heat vents in an office?
Air conditioning units and heating vents are hard to clean. Also, they get neglected a lot of times in offices. Units and vents collect a lot of dust and grime through. As soon as the air flicks on, any bacteria on it is circulated into the air. To clean these, all you have to do is take a butter knife wrapped in a microfiber cleaning cloth, and you can dig into any hard-to-reach spaces and into the vent grates.
- Is rubbing alcohol a good cleaning ingredient?
Rubbing alcohol is made from ethanol or isopropyl alcohol and is a solvent. It means rubbing alcohol’s a disinfectant and will help to dissolve dirt or oil with ease. You want to mix one part water and one part rubbing alcohol to create the cleaner you need. It’s effective at removing marker and ink stains. Do keep in mind any sort of rubbing alcohol-based cleaner dries quickly. This isn’t a negative, as it can be used to clean computer mouse, keywords, phones, and any equipment where you may be worried about water damage.
- How to clean office art on the wall?
If you have a piece of art on the office wall or a natural piece of art that is not contained in a glass frame, the easiest way to clean is with a bagel. Yes, a bagel! Cut the bagel in half and gently rub the cut surface on your office art. This will pick up dust and dirt, naturally. A cleaner with chemicals or cleaners could potentially damage art. Do the right thing. Even if it’s cheap art, use the bagel. We know, it’s silly – but it works.
- Why is there so much lemon used in cleaners?
Lemon is a popular cleaning hack because its antibacterial, antiseptic, and is even a gentle, natural bleach. Using lemon in office cleaners is cheap and will help to clean up stains on countertops in the office kitchen. It’ll also degrease the interior of pots and pans, is often used as a brightening agent on clothing, and more. Some people have even had luck using lemon on coffee stains.
- What’s the best way to clean the office dishwasher?
If you want to really give your dishwasher a deep clean, place a cup of vinegar on the top shelf and run a full cycle at the highest temperature you can. After completion, generously sprinkle some baking on the bottom and run another full cycle. Following this two-cycle dishwasher cleaning process, this will fully remove any smells or germs that could be wreaking havoc on cleanliness.
- Is baking soda the best all-natural cleaning ingredient?
Baking soda is a non-harsh cleaner. Which is why it works so well in laundry detergent and to brighten clothing without tearing it apart. In commercial office cleaning, baking soda is an environmentally sustainable cleaning ingredient. You can use it to polish silver and stainless steel. It helps to cut through oil and grease, saving you money on expensive chemicals or toxic cleaners. Employed as a deodorizer, it can also help freshen up anything from kitty litter to sweaty gym shoes. In an office, a homemade baking soda cleaner is well worth the time it takes to make.
- What’s the best way to clean coffee stains in an office?
To remove coffee stains all you have to do is apply some water and baking soda. Wipe in the mixture and then, wipe away. If it doesn’t come unglued with the first attempt, do it a second. The earlier you catch a coffee stain formed, the better chance it’ll be an easy cleaning process to take care of it.
Microfiber cloths for cleaning
Not all cleaning cloths are alike.Microfiber material is still a relatively new innovation in cleaning technology. If you use microfiber cloths for cleaning, you’ve surely noticed that they’re a vast improvement over old rags or even paper towels.As the name suggests, microfiber cloths are made from very small fibers. If you’re trying to get a sense of scale, microfibers are smaller than a strand of silk. They make the fibers in cotton cleaning cloths seem downright bulky and cloddish.. There are various grades of microfiber cloth that are suited for different jobs. At least three different types of microfiber cloths are produced by manufacturers today.
Advantages of Microfiber cloths?
- They’re Super Absorbent-:Microfiber cloths are made up of super-fine microfibers that have an asterisk-like structure. Because of all those nooks and crannies make it incredibly absorbent, which is why microfiber can hold up to six times its own weight in water! But it doesn’t just pick up liquids—it’ll grab onto anything, making it a perfect material for cleaning. The ultra-tiny fibers can fit into even the smallest crevices to pick up dust, dirt, grease, and bacteria.But not all microfiber clothes are created alike, and cheaper cloths can be less absorbent and may unravel over time.
- They Save You Money-:Using microfiber cloths for cleaning can dramatically reduce the amount of cleaning products you use. So you can save you a lot of money in the long run. You can use a dry or damp microfiber cloth for a lot of different cleaning tasks. Such as dusting surfaces, cleaning windows and mirrors, and shining stainless steel. In fact, some people prefer to never use cleaning products with their microfiber cloths. This method can help your cloths last for years and years before they need to be replaced.But there are some cleaning tasks where you might prefer to use a cleaning product, like wiping down surfaces in your bathroom or kitchen. Even in these cases, microfiber is so absorbent that you’ll be able to clean a larger area with a little amount of cleaning product. Your cleaning products will last longer, which will keep more money in your pocket.
- They’re Versatile-:Many people only think about microfiber cloths in terms of everyday dusting or wiping down counters, but they’re so much more handy than that! There are tons of ways to use microfiber cloths for cleaning.
7 Things You Should Clean With Microfiber Cloths-:
- Stainless steel equipments-:Stainless steel equipment’s such as Fridge, oven looks great when it’s clean.But when it’s dirty it really shows off those smudges and smears. Microfiber cloths are the perfect tool for this kind of jobs. First, use a damp cloth to clean up any greasy or grimy smears. Then follow up by using a dry microfiber cloth to buff the surface to a super shiny finish. You do not need any cleaning products.
- Granite & Marble Counters-:To maintain its glossy shine, granite should be cleaned regularly—and carefully. In many people’s minds, granite means strength and resilience. But if you want to know how to clean granite countertops successfully, the watchword is caution. The stone can actually be damaged by many of the products and techniques that are perfectly safe to use on other kitchen surfaces. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out how to clean granite countertops properly; the job just requires a bit of extra care and attention.To keep granite countertops clean, use a microfiber cloth to dust off countertop surfaces. Wipe down the granite countertops daily and as needed using water. Once a week, wipe down with a damp cloth.The microfiber will pick up dirt, grime, and even sticky messes without causing any damage to the surface.
- Cabinets-:We can use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe down grimy cabinet doors. This is especially helpful to clean kitchen cabinets because usually they ` tend to get really greasy. Run your fingers over your cabinet doors before and after wiping them down with your microfiber cloth. You’ll be able to feel the difference in how clean they are!We can use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe down grimy cabinet doors. This is especially helpful to clean kitchen cabinets because usually they ` tend to get really greasy. Run your fingers over your cabinet doors before and after wiping them down with your microfiber cloth. You’ll be able to feel the difference in how clean they are.
- Dusting-:Microfiber cloths are the best choice when it comes to dusting. Nothing else can grab onto dust and dirt like microfiber. You can use a dry microfiber cloth to dust almost any surface. For really thick dust, you might want to use a damp cloth to help cut through it. And since microfiber doesn’t leave behind any dust-attracting residues, you’ll be able to dust less often.
- Showers & Tubs-:After you’re finished up with a shower or bath, grab a dry microfiber cloth and use it to wipe down the tub or shower. The cloth will pick up any soapy residue that got left behind, keeping your tub or shower much cleaner over time!
- Windows & Mirrors-:A moderately dampened microfiber cloth will leave your mirrors and windows with clean and free of streaks. Wet down a small portion of your microfiber cloth and use it to wipe away smudges and gunk. Then use the dry section of the cloth to buff the surface and eliminate water marks. Your mirrors and windows will look great, and they’ll be free of both lint and unsightly streaks.
How To Clean Your Microfiber Cloths?
- Rinse your microfiber cloths thoroughly with water after each use. This will help keep grime and cleaner residue from gumming up the fibers.
- Wash microfiber cloths in warm or hot water with a mild detergent. Never use fabric softener or bleach. Tumble dry on low heat, or air dry if possible.
- If you’re using your microfiber cloths frequently, you should aim to wash them weekly.
5 Pieces of Cleaning Equipment No Business Should Be Without
Do you depend on your commercial office cleaner to bring all the kit required to keep your premises clean? That just won’t do! While depend on your cleaning team’s hoovers and surface sprays may be cost effective, it certainly isn’t sensible. Whether it’s a nasty spill or a smashed mug, it’s always helpful to have accessible cleaning equipment on hand to make sure you’re not left in the lurch. Dealing with accidents like spills and smashes promptly is important in any office. From guaranteeing your sites looks clean and professional for guests, to preventing health and safety concerns such as slips and trips, there are lots of reasons for businesses to be prepared when it comes to keeping clean.To handle incidents as soon as they crop up, we’ve put together our five essential pieces of cleaning equipment every business should have to hand.
- A hoover-:
It’s a very wise idea to keep a hoover handy at your workplace and it allows you to remove dirt promptly. This is especially valuable when you have unexpected office guests. A handheld vacuum cleaner will be ideal if your office has small equipment storage.
- A “Wet Floor” sign-:
This is very handy when there are fluid spills anywhere in the office. It could be a water spill , beverages such as coffee or juice etc. Whatever it is, it’s necessary to have the sign ready to protect your employees from injuries.
- A mop-:
Spills and dirt which come into contact with hard floors are best taken care of with a quick spot mop. Although you probably rely on your cleaning team to take care of mopping, having the mop on site will guarantee you can tackle any mess which comes up while they’re off duty.
- Plenty of cleaning rags-:There will always be a need for cleaning cloths within workplaces to clean a messy kitchen counters to coffee splattered desks etc. Whether your staff want to give their computer monitors a wipe or a microwave explosion needs cleaning, having a good stash of cleaning equipment will ensure messes are handled quickly, not left to linger.
- Multiple surface sprays-:Just as cleaning cloths are essential kit for businesses to stash on site, so too are antibacterial surface sprays. These products will ensure germs and nasties aren’t left to linger on surfaces, and help your staff to keep messes to a minimum as they arise.
More About Our School Deep Cleaning Services
An annual school deep cleaning doesn't only eliminate viruses and bacteria on germ-infested surfaces, but it also allows you and your students to have a tidy learning environment. A deep cleaning addresses the overlooked spaces that have built up clutter, dirt, grime, and germs. Read More
Common office Cleaning Mistakes that actually make your Office Dirtier
Your office is a space that you have invested in. Your furniture, carpets and equipment are expensive items which need to be cared for properly in order to last a long time. Office is a place that must always be presentable. Both employees and customers should feel welcome in a place that is clean, with everything in good working order. Look below we discuss few common office cleaning mistakes.
- Using a feather duster -:Feather dusters are a misleading commercial cleaning tool as they claim to clean when all they really do is spread the dust around. The most convenient solution is to use a microfiber cloth or disposable paper towel mixed with the correct cleaning solution. That’ll help take care of and remove dust from a surface.
- Using The Wrong Natural Cleaners-:In the modern world, eco-friendly cleaning has become a big things. Because of this, you might have decided to use natural cleaners and cleaning products. However, you still need to know what cleaners to use where, otherwise you could run into all sorts of problems.
- Using the same cleaning rag -:If you are using same cloth soaked and stained in cleaning solution, when it’s used around the office, it tends to spread grime from one surface to the next. If you’re working in a particularly dirty workplace, you may need to have different cloths for different rooms. It’s important to guarantee you have a separate cloth for the bathroom. You don’t want those germs spreading across kitchen counters, desks, and windows. Because of this reason, using paper towel in some instances can cut down on the spread of germs. A microfiber cleaning cloth for each room is sometimes recommended though this can be costly.
- Using the dirty vacuum-:Usually a vacuum filter required to be changed out and the compartment cleaned often. If the vacuum is clogged the suction speed decrease and it miss picking up a lot of dirt and dust. The best thing to do if you’re not regularly cleaning out your vacuum is to begin changing or emptying your vacuum canisters or bags as soon as they become full. Be sure to give any attachments, hoses, or vents a quick wipe with a microfiber cleaning cloth, ensuring your vacuum’s performance will be optimized.
- Cleaning The Window When It’s Warm Outside-:It might seem natural to clean your windows on a warm, sunny day. Though, it is best to avoid doing this if possible, as cleaning on warm days will lead to your window cleaning solution evaporating fast, leaving streaks behind, instead of the sparkles you are probably after.
- Not Following Instructions-:Cleaning products come with instructions for use – for a reason! A lot of people either don’t read or don’t follow these directions, and this can cause all sorts of issues. Always read the instructions before using a cleaning product, and always follow them closely.