BEST PRACTICE INSIGHTS FOR GYM CLEANING
When we go to the gym we are expecting to burn calories, increase our strength and improve our health and fitness. But if your gym hygiene lacks a lot to be desired, they will leave the gym with a lot more than ripped abs! Gyms are hotspots for germs which can produce illness or infection. Providing a clean environment for your gym or fitness centre is a priority for your customers and will improve member experience and satisfaction.
Gyms differ in size, but most have a number of different areas for members to use. All areas need to be kept spotless, from spaces where people exercise, to other spaces such as changing and locker rooms or leisure spaces.
Over the course of a day, gym equipment is subject to sweaty hands, dirty shoes and sometimes literally, blood, sweat and maybe even a few tears! Every time someone uses a treadmill, they’re transferring dirt from their trainers to the conveyor. After ten people, you can begin to see the dust and dirt accumulate on the track as well as the buttons and handles.
Also, dangerous bacteria which can contribute to the spread of contagious diseases if the areas are not sanitised properly. Nasty odours can make the client experience very unpleasant. Nevertheless, they can easily be eliminated by using the correct cleaning procedures. Swimming pools, showers, toilets, steam rooms and saunas, are all ridden with germs on surfaces and floors.
At Compaq cleaning we understand that it is vital that your health club, workout areas, changing rooms, shower areas, kids' play areas, eating areas, tennis and squash courts all look clean, and professional for your gym members, visitors and your staff.So how can you keep your gym clean? Here are just a few suggestions:
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS MATTER-:The first impression of your fitness centre is usually made or destroyed on entering the gym. It may be a sweat inducing situation, but nobody wishes to be reminded of that as they enter. Ensure your locations smell clean and fresh and not overly disinfected by using the right cleaning products. Specially needs attention to the entrance way, doors, windows, patio and most importantly the reception desk.
- DON’T DELEGATE CLEANING TO YOUR CLIENTS-:In many gyms it’s become an unwritten instruction for customers to wipe down gym equipment after use. But if they use their own towel this will just dry the sweat on the machine, it does very little to kill germs and can spread bacteria from one machine to another. Some gyms provide paper towels and hand sanitisers or sanitising sprays, and with correct usage this may help the spread of germs, but how often are customers actually using these? Although gym users can help you keep on top of machine cleaning, it’s obviously not their responsibility. Ensure that a member of staff cleans each machine on a regular basis and make sure you arrange periodic deep cleans of the entire facility. If your gym provides exercise mats for mat-based classes, it is important to ensure the mats are regularly sanitised. Don’t rely on customers using their towels on the mats as an indication that mat cleaning is not required. Regular sanitising with cleaning fluids and tools which won’t damage your equipment ensures you keep your premises hygienically clean.
- PAY ATTENTION TO THE FLOOR-:Gym floors are high traffic areas, whether people are walking around with shoes or with bare feet in a studio, changing room or floor area around a swimming pool, the floor is a breeding place for germs and bacteria. Depending on the floor surface, you need to use the appropriate floor cleaners to maintain class floors, changing room floor and pool area. Regular maintenance of tiled, stone and wood surfaces in sauna rooms with cleaners that naturally deodorise, will leave surfaces clean and residue-free. If you have carpet in your gym, keeping the floor clean could be not easy, particularly when you consider the inevitable spillages involving energy drinks and protein shakes. Arrange a carpet deep clean to ensure stubborn stains are removed and the carpet remains hygienically clean.
- KEEP COMMON AREAS CLEAN-:There’s more to keeping a gym clean than removing visible signs of dirt and grime. With so many people entering a gym each day and making use of the machines, keeping a workout setting clean can be a real challenge. High traffic in locker rooms presents a particular challenge in maintaining sparkling surfaces and controlling odour. Like any public restroom, those in a gym need to be cleaned frequently. When we consider how many sweaty people use gym restrooms and changing rooms on a daily basis, it’s easy to see why cleaning the area thoroughly is important. Introduce a cleaning schedule and ensure a member of staff checks on the restrooms and locker rooms on a regular basis to check standards are maintained. Then ensure you arrange periodic deep cleans to ensure the communal areas are as hygienically clean as possible.
- DON’T JUST CLEAN, MAKE SURE IT SMELLS CLEAN TOO-:A common mistake gym staff make when addressing odours is to just mask the smell rather than remove it. To fully tackle the problem, you need to remove the source and scrub away any odour-causing bacteria. A steam cleaner can be a fantastic tool for cleaning everything from bench presses to the treadmills. It can also be used to clean exercise balls, machine handles and even dumbbells. With the help of a steam cleaner, you’ll be able to remove sweat, grease and smells in a matter of seconds. Regular steam cleans of your facility will reduce the odour inducing bacteria and create a hygienically clean environment.
Tips for Disinfecting Fitness Facilities
Businesses are reopening and embracing a changed world after the COVID-19 outbreak. Businesses must consider numerous health and safety aspect before resuming processes. This is essential to both the customers and the fitness centre employees. Gyms or Fitness facilities are often a breeding place for bacteria and viruses because of sweat, sebum, and humidity. For this reason, it is vital to place disinfecting procedures in act. The following are several tips that will come in handy while disinfecting your gym:
- Strategies That Shape Cleanliness
A gym will only run efficiently post-pandemic if the clients are happy, healthy, and safe with your organized cleanliness guidelines. It is required to use schedules and train your employees to appropriately sanitize the place so that all the programs can run safely and on time. It is required to educate the employees on how to sanitize the fitness facilities and disseminate duties accordingly.
- Disinfect The Gym Equipment
Even one-time use of gym equipment can leave behind sweat and plenty of germs. You should wipe it all clean before another fellow use it. Since it might be inefficient for the employers to clean the equipment, better to request the members to disinfect the equipment before and after using it. To guarantee that they follow your directions, you can leave the disinfectant wipes, sprays, and fresh towels within reach so that they don’t have an excuse for not doing it. You also need to make resources available for members to take care of their hygiene. You need to arrange hand sanitizer stations throughout the gym so people can clean their hands at intervals.
- Disinfect High-traffic Areas Daily
Areas that have the most traffic and are touched regularly must be disinfected and cleaned daily, while used gym equipment should be cleaned multiple times a day. Surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, handles, weights, barbells, stability balls, foam rollers, rubber flooring, and any other surface should also be wiped down and sprayed with a disinfectant.
If you’re looking for a commercial cleaning service in Melbourne, you can get in touch with our experts at CompaQ cleaning. We provide a range of services, including commercial cleaning, office cleaning, windows cleaning, carpet cleaning, and gym cleaning etc. You can visit our website to learn more about our services and our staff!
The suburbs we offer Gym,fitness centre,Dancing studio cleaning services and office cleaners in Melbourne-:
We offer our services in Doreen,South Mornag,Mernda, HurstBridge areas.
- Borondara area - We offer office cleaners in Ashburton, Balwyn, Balwyn North, Bellevue, Camberwell, Canterbury,Deepdene, Greythorn, Glen Iris, Glenferrie, Hawthorn, Kew, Surrey Hills.
- Knox Bayswater,Boronia, Ferntree Gully, Knoxfield, Lysterfield, Rowville,Scoresby, The Basin, Wantirna areas we offer office cleaning services. Also we do service in Bayswater North, Croydon, Croydon Hills, Croydon North, Croydon South, Heathmont, Kilsyth , Park Orchards, Ringwood, Ringwood East, Ringwood North (part), Vermont (part), Warranwood and Wonga Park (part).
Yarra rangers-:Badger Creek, Belgrave, Chirnside Park, Chum Creek, Coldstream, Dixons Creek,Don Valley, Ferntree Gully Upper, Ferny Creek, Gruyere, Healesville, Hoddles Creek,Kallista, Kalorama, Kilsyth, Launching Place, Lilydale, Macclesfield,
Menzies Creek, Millgrove, Monbulk, Montrose, Mooroolbark , Mount Dandenong,Mount Evelyn, Narre Warren East, Olinda, Sassafras, Selby, Seville,Sherbrooke, Silvan, Tecoma, The Patch, Tremont, Upwey, Wandin,Warburton, Woori Yallock, Yarra Glen, Yarra Junction, Yellingbo, Yering we offering commercial office cleaning services for an affordable price. Also we do service in Collingwood,Abbotsford ,Kew,East Melbourne,Richmond,Hawthorn,Cremorne, South Yarra,Burnley.